BIP - Steve

  • Nazdarovye
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2005
      Back from our hike in Yosemite.

      (Pictures here, if anyone's interested: http://www.brilliantmedia.com/
      bp/lylc/ )

      - Steve
    • Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 16, 2005
        Back from Hetch Hetchy - will check in to see if there's anything to
        catch up on, and will complete the OR edit on my plate.

        - Steve
      • Nazdarovye
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2 5:33 PM
          Hi all -

          I'm back from the OR gear show and an extra day getting home (to
          visit Galen Rowell's Mountain Light photography gallery in Bishop,
          then fighting against weather to get over the Sierra Nevada (finally
          crossed at Daggett Pass on the East Shore of Tahoe, as all other
          passes before that were closed!)

          I'll catch up on OR edits and reports this evening and tomorrow -
          thanks for your understanding. I have two pending OR edits, a G Pack
          edit for Graham, and my Costa Del Mar LTR and Valndre La Fayette FR
          due (whew!)

          The OR show was very illuminating - I enjoyed having the chance to
          see how things work inside the industry. It especially great to meet
          Jerry, Kate, Ken and Christine (and join forces with them and Rebecca
          on the show floor), and to see how much BGT is growing in awareness.
          We can have a lot of really interesting gear in our hands if we can
          continue to grow our pool of talented testers.

          More soon...

          - Steve
        • Jennifer
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 2 10:12 PM
            > I'm back from the OR gear show and an extra day getting home (to
            > visit Galen Rowell's Mountain Light photography gallery in Bishop,

            Well worth the stop though wasn't it? We were there over the summer.
            My husband is a huge fan. Too bad most everything was out of our
            price range. It's fun to look though. It was about 104 when we were
            there, it looks like you got just the opposite in Tahoe. That was one
            of our best trips down CA though. All the way from Redding down the 5
            over Tioga road then down the 395 to LA. Good trip.

            Jennifer
          • Nazdarovye
            Message 5 of 13 , May 10, 2006
              Back from the Lost Coast - catching up on edits, etc.
            • Jerry Goller
              Message 6 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                Did you find it?

                Jerry

                _____

                Message 7 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
                  <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                  > Did you find it?
                  >
                  > Jerry

                  Why, yes - we did!

                  http://www.brilliantmedia.com/bp/lcst/pages/page_14.html

                  We split into two groups - one going north, one south, so we could do
                  a shuttle. Beautiful clear weather, constant ferocious wind, and
                  critters galore.

                  Paige got some great pics, too; here's her shot of the entire group
                  (both directions' hikers, minus one early-starter):

                  http://paigefalk.smugmug.com/gallery/1446549/16/68883636

                  She got some awesome shots throughout the hike.

                  - Steve
                • Jennifer
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                    Great pictures. I like Clifford best.
                    Jennifer

                    > Why, yes - we did!
                    >
                    > http://www.brilliantmedia.com/bp/lcst/pages/page_14.html
                    >
                    > We split into two groups - one going north, one south, so we could do
                    > a shuttle. Beautiful clear weather, constant ferocious wind, and
                    > critters galore.
                    >
                    > Paige got some great pics, too; here's her shot of the entire group
                    > (both directions' hikers, minus one early-starter):
                    >
                    > http://paigefalk.smugmug.com/gallery/1446549/16/68883636
                    >
                    > She got some awesome shots throughout the hike.
                    >
                    > - Steve

                  • nazdarovye
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer"
                      <jennifer.pope@...> wrote:

                      > Great pictures. I like Clifford best.
                      > Jennifer

                      Thanks, Jennifer.

                      And Clifford was one of the coolest dogs I've had the privilege to
                      meet. He was well-behaved, good-natured, and apparently quite a hiker!
                    • Brian
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 10, 2006
                        Great Pics as always....

                        O yeah..Gloater..LOL

                        Brian

                        Why, yes - we did!

                        > http://www.brilliantmedia.com/bp/lcst/pages/page_14.html
                        >
                        > We split into two groups - one going north, one south, so we could do
                        > a shuttle. Beautiful clear weather, constant ferocious wind, and
                        > critters galore.
                        >
                        > Paige got some great pics, too; here's her shot of the entire group
                        > (both directions' hikers, minus one early-starter):
                        >
                        > http://paigefalk.smugmug.com/gallery/1446549/16/68883636
                        >
                        > She got some awesome shots throughout the hike.
                        >
                        > - Steve

                      • Andrew Priest
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 15, 2006
                          At 07:58 AM 11/05/2006, you wrote:

                          >Why, yes - we did!
                          >
                          ><http://www.brilliantmedia.com/bp/lcst/pages/page_14.html>http://www.brilliantmedia.com/bp/lcst/pages/page_14.html

                          Thanks for sharing Steve. Great photos, looks like great walking.
                          Looked like the beach was mostly gray sand. High iron or other metal
                          count? Also seemed like firm sand .... easy to walk on?

                          Good also to see a few GG packs being used.

                          Andrew

                        • Nazdarovye
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 1, 2006
                            Hi -

                            Well, we're moved (that is, piles of boxes await unpacking...)

                            And we just got our internet service turned on this afternoon - so
                            I'm BIP and will catch up on any needed edits (plus post my Jetboil
                            GCS FR this evening).

                            - Steve