LTR-Lorpen MultiSport Socks-Suzi Gibson

  • suzi_q_jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
      Hi Heather! Here's my LTR for the Lorpen socks. Thanks for the edits:)
      Suzi

      Long URL:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/LTR-Lorpen%20MultiSport%20Socks-Suzi%20Gibson/

      Tiny URL:

      http://tinyurl.com/bq675b

      Long Term Review-2 March 2008

      Field Locations and Conditions

      During this stage of testing, I wore the socks while hiking as well as
      several of my conditioning walks. Since it was mid-winter, I wore the
      socks with my mid-weight hiking boots instead of my poorly insulated
      running shoes. One hike was conducted in Oconee State Park, South
      Carolina to Hidden Falls (~1600 ft; 488 m) where the temperature was
      49-57 F (9 – 14 C). Conditions were clear and dry during the 4.5 mile
      (7 km) hike.

      Field Performance:

      Most of my outings were with my toddler riding in her child carrier.
      This is a situation where a medium hiking sock would probably be
      better suited, yet these socks performed well. I was most impressed
      with the performance when temperatures were above 40 F (4 C) and when
      I had nothing more than a daypack. The cushioning was better than most
      light socks, however, in the future I will probably use the socks in a
      layering system when using my child carrier or when going out when
      temperatures are below 40 F (4 C). The sock's wicking ability easily
      kept my feet feeling dry during my outings and I did not notice my
      usual foot odor at the end of the day.

      Overall, I am very impressed with the Lorpen MultiSport Socks. They
      have more cushioning in the heel than most other light socks I have
      used and I really like their fit. They really conformed to my feet
      almost like a second layer of skin. I especially like the odor
      resistance and the sock's wicking ability. The socks have held up very
      well after all the miles and washings. All the seams and stitching are
      in great shape and I never once experienced rubbing from the toe seam
      which was an initial concern. I'm looking forward to using them this
      spring and summer with my running shoes when the weather in the South
      Eastern U.S. is hot and very humid.

      Likes:

      -Fit
      -Wicking ability
      -Odor resistance
      -Cushioning
      -Durability

      Dislikes:

      -Subpar performance keeping my feet warm below 40 F (4 C)
      -Best suited for light hiking
    • Heather
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2009
        Hi Suzi,

        It all looks good. Html too! I'd love it if you added any info you could about drying time if they got wet on the trail and you took them off, or were backpacking and they had to dry out overnight.

        Thanks!
        heather