Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: FR - Kelty Foraker 15 Sleeping Bag - Tim Tessier

  • Tim Tessier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      All done!

      larry <asklarry98@...> wrote: Hi Tim-

      Wow—sounds like you really like this bag!

      Here are your edits for the FR. Any chance of pictures in the LTR?
      Anyway, I have a few small things for you to fix, as indicated below.
      Please upload when ready, and delete the original from the Test
      folder.

      See you in 2 months. (BTW, congrats on getting the 'puter fixed up!)

      -larry

      Comment: Can you make the top of the FR section stand out a little
      more? I found it hard to identify when scrolling through the html
      version. Could be done just by inserting an extra blank line or two
      below the IR, or making the text "Field Report" bigger, or both.

      EDIT/Comment2: According to report guidelines, the dates of the
      various sections are supposed to be indicated at the top of the
      report, in addition to putting the date at the top of each section
      (as you have already done). If you can hotlink from the top of the
      report to the top of each section, it would be cool, but not
      necessary.

      EDIT: approximately 30 F (-1C).
      >>>Either take out the space before the F, or put a space before the
      C, so that you are consistent. Please correct throughout the report.

      Edit: I instantly sat up and, unzipped the bag partially to free my
      hands, grabbed my headlight and checked everything out. I could not
      find anything that would have awakened me.
      >>>I think you need to delete the first `and' in the sentence. Then
      it reads much better.
      >>>Comment: Funny story, though!

      Edit: That night I slept kitted out the same as before, Exped
      mat, long underwear, socks, stocking cap.
      >>>Use a colon instead of a comma between "before" and "Exped"

      EDIT: milky way.
      >>>Milky Way

      EDIT: I have used this sleeping bag in conditions approaching it's
      rated
      >>>its

      Comment: All in all, I have found that this bag exhibits the
      qualities one would
      expect for a top quality sleeping bag in this temperature range.
      >>>I understand you like the bag, but the fact that you were pretty
      chilly at 30 F seems a little worrisome to me for a high-end 15 F bag…
      just my 2 cents