EDIT - Columbia Snowline Softshell - Ed (Edwin) Morse

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
      Ed,

      Happy new year! Thank you for your report. Here are my edits:

      ~derek

      # # #

      > ...to cold 22 F(-6 C) for most...
      EDIT: Need a space after "22 F"

      > The high temperature while I was hiking was one sunny bushwhacking
      day hike...
      Edit: Since this sentence is clarifying the previous one, I think the
      verb needs to appear before "while" to make it clear where the
      antecedent is located.

      Passive voice: "The high temperature was recorded while I was hiking..."
      Active voice: "I noted the high temperature while I was hiking..."

      > I've also done one two night backpacking hike and two over night hikes.
      EDIT: done one two-night ... overnight

      > gets below about 40 F ( C)
      > when it was 35 F ( C)
      EDIT: Need to add temperature conversion

      > During the night I used the Snowline jacket as my pillow over a
      hydration bladder.
      Comment: Maybe a minor edit for clarification, consider the following
      structure:

      "...I used the Snowline jacket over a hydration bladder as my pillow."

      I was imaginging two possibilities as I read: jacket stacked on top of
      water or jacket wrapped around water. It's not a big deal, but I was
      curious enough to want to know ;)

      > ...I could hike without the jacket which went into my pack.
      > ...weight and bulk which makes packing...
      Edit: Add comma before "which"

      > jacket is now my all time favorite
      Edit: all-time

      > What I like;
      > What I don't like;
      Edit: I would use a colon ":" here instead of a semi-colon.
    • Edwin Morse
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
        Derek,
        All edits (my blundersw) have been corrected. HTML deleted from Tests
        folder and corrected HTML uploaded to correct folder under Jackets.
        I will be back after more testing in about 2 months.

        Ed

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Hansen"