Extension Request: SD Cyclone Jacket/Pants - Hollis Easter

  • Hollis Easter
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2008
      Happy new year, everyone!

      Curt and Richard (and Leesa), I'd like to request a five-day extension
      on my Sierra Designs Cyclone Eco Jacket and Pants FRs, originally due
      January 6th. If possible, I'd like an extension until January 11th.

      Starting tomorrow, I'll be spending 10-16 hours a day doing Wilderness
      First Responder stuff, much of it outside. This will give me some good
      fodder for reporting. It's also scheduled to be really, really cold,
      which will be good for the pants report. I've carried the pants on many
      trips so far, but it hasn't been cold enough (or deep enough snow) to
      really want a hard shell on my legs. I think it will be this week.

      So: may I have an extension on those reports?

      Thanks, and best wishes for the new year,
      Hollis (Easter, since we have another Hollis now)
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Hollis Easter <easter@...>
        wrote:
        > Hollis (Easter, since we have another Hollis now)

        Don't worry Hollis, we'll come up with a nickname for newHollis. I was
        thinking "Hey you, with the face." What do you think? <Grin>.

        Happy New Year,
        Greg M
      • Leesa J
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2009
          Happy New Year Hollis,

          I seem to be the only one around during break (at least at the moment).
          Normally extensions are granted in situations where the report can't be
          submitted, such as illness, computer issues, work interruptions, etc. We
          really discourage extensions when the purpose is to gather more info for the
          report. It puts us behind with the manufacturer, and with the holiday,
          we're already a bit behind. Since this is the FR report, the new info could
          be included in the LTR.

          If you are unable to get the report in by the 6th, we'll look for it on the
          11th.

          Enjoy your training - hopefully, you don't need to use it, lol.

          Leesa