EDIT: IR DaKine Outtabounds Pack - Kenny B

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2008
      EDIT: IR - DaKine Outtabounds Pack - Ken Bigelow

      Hi Kenny,

      This sounds like one complex pack! It's a real shame it is so much
      heavier than advertised.

      Thanks for your thorough description. I do have several small edits
      and a couple of comments for you to consider.

      Upload when you've addressed to your satisfaction.

      Pam

      ******************************

      I also typically prefer my hipbelt pockets to open the opposite way
      than they do on this pack. I prefer them to open when zipping towards
      my body (and obviously close when zipping away from it). On this pack
      I have to zip it away from my body to close and towards my body to
      open. On other packs I find this method more ergonomically pleasing,
      but it another thing I'll be sure to look at in the field as it is
      just my personal preference.

      ### Edit: …but it *is* another thing….

      ### Comment: Some of this section seems redundant, and as you
      describe it, it sounds like the pocket opens and closes in the
      direction you prefer. You might want to double check this and either
      make sure it reads the way you intend it to or re-word it a bit for
      clarity.

      The shoulder straps then buckle into webbing straps located on the
      day/shuttle pack, but are similar to the ones on the main pack

      ### Comment: instead of "but" you might use "which" (…located on
      the day/shuttle pack, which are similar…)

      The shuttle pack also has a smaller zippered pocket on the back which
      runs around the top and down both sides of the pocket.

      ### Edit: Something doesn't seem quite right here – it sounds like
      the zippered pocket runs around the pocket, while I think you mean
      the zipper runs around the top and down both sides. You might want
      to re-word.

      The right side of the shuttle pack has an exterior quick draw ice axe
      sleeve
      which is just a vertical nylon sleeve with a gray, plastic buckle and
      the bottom
      of it

      ### Edit: …plastic buckle *at* the bottom of it.

      The Snowboard straps on the larger main pack where a lot harder to
      find for
      me.
      ### EDIT: …*were* a lot harder to find…

      (whereas on the shuttle pack it was on above of the track).

      ### Edit: Something seems to be missing or not correctly written
      here.