EDIT - Gerber Omnivore Flashlight - RICK

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008

      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/Allnutt%20-%20Gerber%20Omnivore/>
      > Gerber Omnivore Flashlight
      > Test Series by Rick Allnutt

      Hey Rick! Cool light!

      Here are your edits on the Gerber Omnivore LED Flashlight. Nothing big,
      just a few misses... and a few questions from me. Nicly done! Especially
      considering the fairly worthless web information.

      James E. Triplett
      Gerber Omnivore Monitor
      +++++++++

      Manufacturer: Gerber Legendary Blades
      [Comment] The contact information on the site has the following:
      GerberGear
      14200 SW 72nd Avenue
      Portland, OR 97224
      So I'm not sure where "Gerber Legendary Blades" came from for the
      manufacturer's name.

      MSRP: Not Available
      [Comment] The website has $$ which when you click on it means a range of
      $25 - $60. Considering this large range you were probably correct to not
      include it, but I thought I'd point it out in case you missed it. (And it
      appears to be in the middle of the range at $40, but that's from
      retailers, so it doesn't count.)

      Measured Weight: 3.1 oz (88 g) with batteries
      [EDIT] I believe this first weight is withOUT batteries, correct?

      But when I opened the light to put a battery in, I was in for a surprise.
      [Comment] Intuitively, I can figure out what the surprise was, but I
      expected the next section to explain it. You never really do define the
      surprise (at least not as a "surprise") which kind of left me hanging.

      The Omnivore has a cute and meaningful name. One definition I found of
      omnivore was "one that takes in anything available.
      [EDIT] Missing an end quote.

      The brightness of the light also differs depending on the batttery.
      [EDIT] ttt should be tt in batttery.

      +++end+++