Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: Underwater Kinetics Vizion 3AAA eLED Headlamp - JET

  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Thanks Roger. Updated and uploaded. See comments below.

      Jet

      > --------------------------------
      > > one of which hours was in a fairly heavy downpour.
      > Comment (only): a more common way of expressing this is
      > 'one hour of which was in a fairly heavy downpour.'
      [JET] I knew that was awkward. Thank you for the eloquent suggestion.

      > > What I have noticed in "spot" mode is that I can't angle the lamp
      > down as far as I would like, so to see directly in front of me I need
      > to tip my head fairly significantly to illuminate the ground in the
      > area I'd be taking my next step.
      > Edit/Question: does the peak of the cap cause this problem? A reader
      > looking at the photo below might wonder.
      [JET] Yes, the cap is part of the issue. I have updated the paragraph to
      explain what is going on more clearly.

      > > how the red light is affective
      > EDIT: effective - leading 'e'
      [JET] I do well with "they're, there, and their", "two, to, and too", and
      even "its and it's", but I can never get "affective and effective". I
      guess the general rule of thumb should be use the 'e' when in doubt,
      because that is almost always correct.

      > > is that the cones are sensitive to red light, and the
      > > rods are sensitive to blue - white light.
      > Comment: ahhh - that is not the full story by any means, and not
      > necessarily entirely accurate to boot. But for the purpose of
      > explaining about red light in this review it is adequate.
      [JET] I added "as I understand it" to the beginning of this section.

      > > Since the headlamp by definition leaves both hands free anyway,
      > edit/comment: awful long sentence...
      [JET] Fixed

      > > As for the headlamp itself; the Underwater Kinetics Vizion is a pretty

      > EDIT: replace the ; with either a comma or a dash. I would use a dash
      > myself.
      [JET] Fixed

      > > between "spot", "defused", and "red defused" modes,
      > EDIT: diffused, 2 places
      [JET] I hate it when the word I use is spelled correctly, but it's the
      wrong word!

      Thanks again!