LTR - Carhartt Work-Dry Shirt - Mark McLauchlin

  • Mark McLauchlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello,

      Please find my LTR for the Work-Dry Shirt,

      Sorry it's a few days late, new job, new baby in the house.

      Cheers
      Mark

      Since July I have worn the Work-Dry Shirt on all my hiking and outdoors
      activities. This includes a total of six days hiking with a backpack.

      The shirt saw two days hiking along the Coastal Plains trail in the Yanchep
      National Park. Temperature during the day was approximately 25 C (77 F) and
      reached a low of 8 C (46 F) during the night. The shirt formed my base layer
      for the duration of this trip.

      I also managed to get out along the Bibbulmun Track four times in
      temperatures of 17 C (63 F) to a maximum of 25 C (77 F). Rain was also
      present on two of these hikes. Average hiking distance each trip was 21 km
      or 13 miles.

      The Work-Dry shirt has made a very comfortable addition to my hiking wear
      and has continued to perform very well.

      After it's continued use the anti-odour properties still work as though the
      shirt was brand new.

      The shirt dries out overnight however I still feel that perhaps it is a
      little slow. There are many factors which can influence this part of the
      test, most obviously the temperature so I will not record this as a negative
      on the shirt.

      A nice steady breeze provides a great cooling effect as the shirt wicks
      moisture very well. A great plus for the shirt.

      The Work-Dry show no signs of stretching or distortion from being washed in
      a normal washing machine cycle with my other clothes.

      There are no wear marks on either the back or shoulders of the Work-Dry from
      where my pack sits. As I have several packs I have been able to test
      different combinations to assess how the material of the shirt stands up to
      continual contact and rubbing. I am pleased to report it has performed very
      well.

      The shirt does not have any holes either directly in the material or where
      the seams are. The seams are in perfect condition which is testament to the
      quality of both the workmanship and the materials used.

      The pocket still continues to prove to be not very functional when carrying
      a pack. However this has not caused any performance issues.

      * Summary

      I will definitely continue to wear this shirt and look forward to trying it
      out later in the year during our hottest months which are December through
      to February.

      Things I liked
      Odour repelling continues to work well.
      Work-Dry holds is shape.
      Excellent durability.

      Things I disliked
      Nothing to report on at this time.

      This concludes my Long-Term Report and the test series for the Carhartt
      Short Sleeve Work-Dry T-Shirt.

      Thank you to Carhartt and BackpackGearTest.org for the privilege of testing
      this great shirt.