BIP - Hollis Easter

  • Hollis
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
      BIP after a long weekend in Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont.

      Good trip for testing gear, both good and bad. I've got some Howlers
      to throw at a couple of manufacturers (luckily not either of the ones
      whose gear I'm testing right now). Also: why is it that stuff will
      work perfectly in my kitchen and backyard, and then fail completely in
      the field?

      Aargh.

      Tests affected:
      MSR Reactor (FR due tomorrow, gonna do my best)
      Hennessy Explorer UL (LTR)
      StickPic (just selected)

      Hollis
    • Mark McLauchlin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2008
        All the more reason to get some time out in the field to test the items I
        say :-) what good is it when it fails when needed the most?

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hey Hollis,

          I sense it is time for a scathing Owner Review!

          Greg M
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Hollis"
          <backpackgeartest@...> wrote:

          > BIP after a long weekend in Green Mountain National Forest,
          Vermont.

          > Good trip for testing gear, both good and bad. I've got some
          Howlers
          > to throw at a couple of manufacturers (luckily not either of the
          ones
          > whose gear I'm testing right now). Also: why is it that stuff will
          > work perfectly in my kitchen and backyard, and then fail
          completely in
          > the field?
          >
          > Aargh.
          >
          > Tests affected:
          > MSR Reactor (FR due tomorrow, gonna do my best)
          > Hennessy Explorer UL (LTR)
          > StickPic (just selected)
          >
          > Hollis

        • Hollis
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 20, 2008
            BIP - Hollis Easter

            Turns out that conferences in Las Vegas aren't that much fun when
            you're not a gambler. But: Cirque du Soleil is awesome.

            Tests affected:
            MSR Reactor
            StickPic
            SD Cyclone Pants and Jacket