EDIT: FR-Leki Diva Trekking Poles - Kathy Waters

  • mwood_bgt@markandkc.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Kathy,

      Here are your official edits for your Leki Diva Trekking Poles Field
      Report. Edits are in the standard format.

      Great report! No real edits, just a few comments! All I can say is that
      I'm very jealous of your new home in CO! Sounds like a beautiful
      location!

      Upload when ready and don't forget to delete out of the test folder :)

      Mark Wood

      -------> Begin Edits

      > Most, heck, ALL, of my trail time during my field testing thus far,
      > has been in the BLM lands controlled by the Royal Gorge regional
      > offices. This land is very rugged with little or no real trails. The
      > terrain is varied from dust to sand to gravelly, and then there are
      > the medium to large rocks and huge boulders. We pretty much just pick
      > a ridge we would like to end up on and bushwhack our way to it.
      > Sometimes we make it, other times we get sidetracked or we reach an
      > impasse. Either way, we usually start at 5600+ feet (1700 km) and go
      > up to 7000+ feet (2100+ km).

      COMMENT> Not everyone (especially from out of the USA) may not know what
      BLM stands for.

      > The vegetation is prairie grasses and cholla cactus in the lower
      > elevations and pine and juniper predominates as the mountains rise.

      COMMENT> Since Cholla is a proper name, it should probably be capitalized.

      > PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD
      >
      > I could describe the Divas' performance in the field in just one
      > word - fantastic! - but I suppose I should add a few extra words in
      > explanation of my exclamation!

      COMMENT> Love the alliteration (explanation of my exclamation)!

      > Of course, where the Leki Diva Trekking Poles really shine is in
      > their "antishock" feature. I hike mostly on very hard ground or flat
      > out rock. Using other poles, I frequently can feel a definite jarring
      > sensation when pounding down the trail. This results in my hands,
      > arms as well as my shoulders absorbing the jolts and getting stiff
      > and sore in the process. There have been times when I would just
      > carry my poles rather than experience the ensuing ache. With the
      > Divas, that is a thing of the past! I can honestly report I feel so
      > much better on the very same terrains. The Divas' antishock
      > mechanism - oh so slightly - compresses the poles when striking a
      > hard surface and that slight "give" makes all the difference in the
      > world to the way I feel as the end of the day. The compression, in no
      > way, compromises the security of the poles' support though.

      COMMENT> I'm not sure I would put antishock in quotes in the first
      sentence. It's an advertised feature so I'm not sure what purpose the
      quotes serve here. (Yes, I'm being really picky I suppose!)
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
        Mark,

        Thanks for the edits. All corrects have been made as outlined in your
        comments. You were right on! See you in two months.

        Kathy