RE: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Re: Big Agnes gear question

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 30, 2008
      You are absolutely correct Roger. We are supposed to report on
      BackpackGearTest.org, not Yahoo! Groups BackpackGearTest. The items on this
      list are for edit.

      I can't think of anything we've ever whitewashed and certainly not the
      Lightload Towels or Highgear watches so I'll just assume you didn't mean to
      insult me personally by implying we have or would. There is no manufacturer
      I would do that for and certainly not BA. There are a lot of manufacturers
      I'd give the benefit of the doubt to due to their past performance but that
      doesn't mean I'd tolerate any report that was less than accurate.

      No one has suggested that any results be suppressed in the uploaded report.
      Quite the opposite. I've told the Mods that this should be reported and well
      substantiated by both text and pictures so *no one* will be able to say
      anything against the report, the manufacturer included.

      But I am suggesting that when the List Administrator makes a request that no
      one give her a ration of shit on the list.

      Roger, or anyone else, for that matter, is there anything unclear about
      this?

      Jerry

      reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31, 2008
        Hi Jerry

        > I can't think of anything we've ever whitewashed and certainly not the
        > Lightload Towels or Highgear watches
        I know!

        > so I'll just assume you didn't mean to insult me personally by implying we
        > have or would.
        Communication problem here? I think so: I certainly did not mean to insult
        ANYONE over this!

        I did make a generic flag-waving comment, but was not aimed at anyone, and
        certainly not at you.
        I added the bit about the towel and watch to highlight the fact that I know
        we have never held back from VALID SUBSTANTIATED criticism. I am also very
        aware that you have supported several postings where the reviewer was making
        valid criticisms of a product - including the two I just mentioned.

        > that doesn't mean I'd tolerate any report that was less than accurate.
        Indeed, you have made this point in public many times.

        > But I am suggesting that when the List Administrator makes a request that
        > no
        > one give her a ration of shit on the list.
        Definitely a communication problem here. I was NOT trying to hassle our List
        Admin at all. That is a complete and regrettable misunderstanding.

        Fwiiw, I am finding that many manufacturers I speak to in my other roles are
        only too well aware of BGT, and not one has ever suggested to me that OUR
        reports are anything less than well-researched and accurate. I say 'OUR'
        because I too have a strong sense of ownership here of what has been
        created.

        Cheers
        Roger