APPLICATION FOR TEST - Exped MultiMat

  • samstamey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008
      Please accept my application to test the Exped MultiMat. I have read
      Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609,
      and I will follow all requirements.
      Tester Bio
      Name: Sam Stamey
      Age: 42
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 0" (1.83 Meters)
      Weight: 170 Pounds (77 Kilograms)
      Email address: samstamey@...
      City, State, Country: Santa Rosa, California, U.S.
      Date: July 1, 2008
      Backpacking Background: I started backpacking two years ago with my
      wife and two children (ages 8 and 10 at the time). We have been car
      camping for 20+ years.
      Most of our backpacking has been three season camping in the Sierras,
      6000 -12,000 ft (1800 m - 3658 m) and on the Northern California
      Coast. We mostly do a combination of car camping and backpacking.
      Our family recently switched from one 4 person tent to using two 2
      person tents. I usually carry most of the weight and my internal
      frame pack weighs between 40-50 lb (18-22 kg).
      Field Information: I intend to test the Exped MultiMat on several
      upcoming backpacking trips in the Sierra Nevada around 9000 ft (2743
      m) in mountainous, rocky and dirty areas, where the average summer
      temperatures range from 42 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit (5.5 to 15.5
      degrees Celsius).
      I also intend to test the Eped MultiMat while car camping, hiking,
      and picnicking. I will test its padding as I use it as a mat for
      sleeping, as a picnic blanket, as a seat cover for benches and as a
      table cloth over a picnic benches. For day hikes I will test it as a
      blanket to nap and as a blanket for a picnic. Part of the test will
      be to see how much grass and dirt stick to it and how easily it is to
      clean.
      The items I plan on testing are:
      Weight - easy to carry?
      Care – is it easy to clean?
      Comfort – Does it work well as a pad; is it soft enough or
      firm enough?
      Durability – Does it rip or tear easily? Does it hold up
      to washings?

      Previously Written Reports:
      Owner Reviews:
      Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556 knife
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Knives/Folding/Benchmade%
      20556%20Mini-Griptilian/Owner%20Review%20by%20Sam%20Stamey/
      REI Power Stretch Shirt (April 1, 2008)
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Shirts/REI%20Power%
      20Stretch%20Shirt/Owner%20Review%20by%20Sam%20Stamey/
      Completed Tests:
      None at this time.
      Currently Testing Other Items:
      None at this time.