RE: [backpackgeartesters] All's Quiet on the Western Front

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
      Actually, our plan has been to get all the gear out the door in May and have
      *no* test calls for the summer so people can get out and use the gear.
      Didn't work all that well this time but we're still honing it.

      There will be more test calls directly.

      But if I can ever get it to work right, there won't be in the future.

      Jerry

      _____

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
        Yes, it does. It mostly effects me. I get interested in pushing for gear in
        direct proportion to the number of applicants we have for tests....

        Jerry

        _____

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
          I know the feeling... ;o)

          Jerry

          _____

          Very true. Sorry about that. I have seen many test end recently as well.
          As a group, we need to get more applications in, including myself, for items
          we think we can test.

          Ignore the last post, the guy was crazy...

          Scott

          Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

          _____

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
            So let's get those apps in people when we have test calls...

            Scott

            <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/<http://www.backpackgeartest.org/>> http://www.BackpackGearTest.org<http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> : the

            _____

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters>> " on the web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>> .

            _____

          • Mike Lipay
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
              I check the "BGT News" regularly, there are only three calls
              currently open, and I have applied for one that I am still waiting to
              hear about. I apply for everything I feel qualified to test. Are
              there more than these three open?

              mike

              On Jul 6, 2005, at 5:30 PM, pamwyant wrote:

              > There have been several items that have only had a few applications -
              > some calls had to be held open over a week to get enough to fill the
              > test. It would be embarrassing to try to get more gear to test only
              > to have to end up telling the manufacturer we can't test it for you
              > because no one will apply...
              >
              > I'm sure that has an effect on those trying to recruit manufacturers
              > to provide items.
              >
              > Pam
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Downard"
              > <rookthepagan@v...> wrote:
              >
              >> The activity level for new tests has been slow. Prime hiking season
              >>
              > and not a lot of new tests going on...
              >

              >> Hopefully some things will come down the pipeline soon.
              >>
              >> Scott Downard
              >>

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Brian
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                > But if I can ever get it to work right, there won't be in the future.

                None EVER?

                OMG.

                Dont' Panic!

                Brian (running around in circles screaming)
              • Brian
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                  I havent applied cause I was fixin to move sometime towards december,
                  but thats been pushed back to after the first of the year.

                  I just didnt want to have to move with a bunch of ongoing test.

                  Brian
                • Banjo Doje
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                    And I haven't applied due to the neck thingy - I know I can test what
                    I have left but not sure about anything new - will know in a couple of
                    weeks!!

                    Jodi

                    --
                    "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
                  • Mike Lipay
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                      Neck thingy? That isn't what they called it when I was dating...

                      mike, just haven' fun

                      On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:06 PM, Banjo Doje wrote:

                      > And I haven't applied due to the neck thingy - I know I can test what
                      > I have left but not sure about anything new - will know in a couple of
                      > weeks!!
                      >
                      > Jodi
                    • Banjo Doje
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                        Keep it up, pal - I know where you live!!! ;-)

                        Jodi

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                          just until sunday ;-)

                          mike

                          On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:25 PM, Banjo Doje wrote:

                          > Keep it up, pal - I know where you live!!! ;-)
                          >
                          > Jodi
                        • Banjo Doje
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
                            Oh yeah - hmmmmm, wonder if my buddy is still flying helicopters ;-)

                            --
                            "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
                          • Rick Allnutt
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
                              Not all the calls end up on the news. The list is where the calls are
                              always listed. They are also listed there sooner. I know. I am the one
                              that puts them on the news when I am not out hiking.

                              Rick