Re: EDIT: IR Flej Solo Cup- Peter Spiller

  • phspiller
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
      Thank for the Edits Pam,

      I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem in
      the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I played
      with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still appears
      scrunched?

      Thanks,

      Peter

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > dread `projection'. What we want to see is "When I press this
      > button… stirring my drink."
      >

      > Upon receipt of the mug, I was intrigued by the stirring feature, so
      > I put a little water in the base of the cup, and places a few small
      > blades of dry grass into the cup to test the action of the "Agitor".
      >
      > ### EDIT: "placed" instead of "places"
      >
      > The cup I received had a distinct plastic odor when I received it.
      > The Flej website instructed to thoroughly wash the cup to remove the
      > odor. I disassembled the cup, removing the lid, and the neoprene
      > sleeve in preparation for washing.
      >
      > ### Edit: no comma is needed in this section: "…removing the lid
      > and the neoprene sleeve…"
      >
      > The Flej Solo cup by all appearances is a high quality product. It
      > seems to be well design and well-built using sturdy materials
      > throughout.
      >
      > ### EDIT: …to be well *designed*
      >
      > Fit and Finish:
      > • Is the cup well made?
      > • Does the neoprene sleeve fit well on the cup without bunching or
      > sliding?
      > • Does the Micro-pump stirring system function as expected?
      >
      > Comfort:
      > • Does the neoprene sleeve insulate my fingers from the hot beverage?.
      > • Can I grip the cup comfortably even without a handle?
      > • Does the design of the lid allow for easy drinking?
      > • Is the lid truly spill-proof?
      >
      > Durability:
      > • Will the construction of the cup hold up to daily use?
      > • Can the Cup be washed daily without significant damage or wear?
      > • Will the neoprene sleeve stretch or tear after repeated use?
      > • Is the Micro-Pump stirring unit durable enough for everyday use?
      > • Is the cup durable enough to be bumped and rattle around and
      > still function properly?
      >
      > ### Comment: I usually point this out each time I work with someone
      > I haven't worked with before – a specific test plan (i.e. the
      > questions on what you are looking for) is no longer required. I know
      > it makes the initial report short, but as test plans change
      > sometimes, it sometimes is better to leave this out and let your
      > testing direct the information you will later be reporting on. And
      > once the additional sections are added, reports generally end up
      > being plenty long enough.
      > Also, anything you have already determined within this report would
      > best be left out (i.e. the cup is well made, the stirring system
      > works as expected, it's easy to grip, etc.). However, this is
      > considered style, and if you feel you want to leave it in here after
      > consideration, that is okay too.
      > Thank You SedgeWarbler and backpackgeartest .org for the opportunity
      > to test this fine cup.
      >
      > ### EDIT: The name BackpackGearTest.org needs to be written as I
      > have here, with the exact capitalization.
      > Please check back in early August for my field
      > report
      >
      > ### EDIT: You need to have "This concludes my Initial Report." added.

    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Peter,

        The wording in the table in the category manufacturers description is
        still scrunched over to the left side on my screen, both when I
        reduce the window and when it is full size. Perhaps if someone else
        reads this and would be kind enough to check it, we would know if it
        is a problem on my screen or within the HTML.

        Everything else looks good.

        Pam

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "phspiller"
        <phspiller@...> wrote:

        > Thank for the Edits Pam,
        >
        > I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem in
        > the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I played
        > with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still appears
        > scrunched?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Peter

      • Mark McLauchlin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
          I will take a look but where is the HTML version? nothing in the test
          folder with the words "Flej" except my report,

          pass me a URL and will take a look

          Cheers

          wrote:

          > Hi Peter,
          >
          > The wording in the table in the category manufacturers description
          is
          > still scrunched over to the left side on my screen, both when I
          > reduce the window and when it is full size. Perhaps if someone
          else
          > reads this and would be kind enough to check it, we would know if
          it
          > is a problem on my screen or within the HTML.
          >
          > Everything else looks good.
          >
          > Pam
          >
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "phspiller"
          > <phspiller@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thank for the Edits Pam,
          > >
          > > I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem
          in
          > > the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I
          played
          > > with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still
          appears
          > > scrunched?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Peter

        • phspiller
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
            Mark,

            I posted the HTML back in the test folder.

            here is the URL

            http://snipurl.com/2cd0v
            [www_backpackgeartest_org]

            Thanks for looking at it.

            Peter

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Mark McLauchlin"
            <mark@...> wrote:

            > I will take a look but where is the HTML version? nothing in the test
            > folder with the words "Flej" except my report,
            >
            > pass me a URL and will take a look
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Peter,
            > >
            > > The wording in the table in the category manufacturers description
            > is
            > > still scrunched over to the left side on my screen, both when I
            > > reduce the window and when it is full size. Perhaps if someone
            > else
            > > reads this and would be kind enough to check it, we would know if
            > it
            > > is a problem on my screen or within the HTML.
            > >
            > > Everything else looks good.
            > >
            > > Pam
            > >
            > > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "phspiller"
            > > <phspiller@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thank for the Edits Pam,
            > > >
            > > > I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem
            > in
            > > > the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I
            > played
            > > > with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still
            > appears
            > > > scrunched?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Peter

          • phspiller
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
              I believe I got the HTML issue with some browsers ironed out. There
              was some extraneous style information in the cell tags that Komposer
              decided was a good idea. Pam could you look at it on your browser
              and confirm this was the issue?

              Corrected version is uploaded here is the URL

              http://snipurl.com/2cplo

              <mark@...> wrote:

              > I will take a look but where is the HTML version? nothing in the test
              > folder with the words "Flej" except my report,
              >
              > pass me a URL and will take a look
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Peter,
              > >
              > > The wording in the table in the category manufacturers description
              > is
              > > still scrunched over to the left side on my screen, both when I
              > > reduce the window and when it is full size. Perhaps if someone
              > else
              > > reads this and would be kind enough to check it, we would know if
              > it
              > > is a problem on my screen or within the HTML.
              > >
              > > Everything else looks good.
              > >
              > > Pam
              > >
              > > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "phspiller"
              > > <phspiller@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Thank for the Edits Pam,
              > > >
              > > > I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem
              > in
              > > > the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I
              > played
              > > > with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still
              > appears
              > > > scrunched?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > Peter

            • Mark McLauchlin
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                Hi Peter,

                Formatting looks good now, I have viewed on several different screens at
                Different resolutions and all ok.

                Can't comment on the Edits needed,

                Nice one

                Cheers

                _____

                I posted the HTML back in the test folder.

                here is the URL

                http://snipurl. <http://snipurl.com/2cd0v> com/2cd0v
                [www_backpackgeartest_org]

                Thanks for looking at it.

                Peter

                --- In backpackgeartesters <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>

                <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com> @yahoogroups.com, "phspiller"

                > > <phspiller@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Thank for the Edits Pam,
                > > >
                > > > I made the corrections, and uploaded the file. The HTML problem
                > in
                > > > the table you mentioned was not showing up in my browser. I
                > played
                > > > with it a little. Could you look again and see if it still
                > appears
                > > > scrunched?
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > >
                > > > Peter

              • Shane Steinkamp
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                  > Corrected version is uploaded here is the URL
                  >
                  > http://snipurl.com/2cplo

                  Looks OK to me, except to comment that you have a large white space at the
                  end.

                  Shane
                • pamwyant
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
                    That seems to have resolved the issue of the text in the table Peter.
                    As Shane noted, there does seem to be a lot of white space at the
                    bottom. Sorry I did not catch that earlier.

                    Pam

                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp"