Re: Question Coleman Stove Arnold

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      not a knock on Coleman because I think they make excelent
      stoves...but this is a good reason to consider applying for the
      brasslite. no moving parts. OK ths this stove does have a sliding
      simmer ring but still. I need some apps so I am stooping to drastice
      measures including exagerating a bit if I have to.

      As for Arnolds question. I thing his idea of calling custemer
      service is a good one. The will know if it might be a problem or may
      just decide to send a replacement stove. At least they will know
      that his stove came without instructions. Probably because it is a
      test stove and not packed as mormal but who knows.

      Coy Boy

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "al peterson"
      <alp4982@...> wrote:

      > I opened the package and not finding any directions i proceeded to
      open
      > the stove. The plastic latch appeared to be stuck or jammed. In
      > trying to release it, it broke. I then found out that the part
      that
      > was in the main part of the stove was stuck. I took apart the
      stove
      > until I was able to free the plastic latch. I was able to puth the
      > latch together so it now functions. This should have ne bearing on
      the
      > testing I will be doing.
      > I think I should notify customer about this potential problem.
      > Please advise on this matter
      > thanks
      > arnie
      >
      > I will be working on the IR. I would not want to return the stove
      > until I have tested it.

    • Mark McLauchlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Shhh Coy Boy, the more people that apply the less chance I have :-)

        _____

        not a knock on Coleman because I think they make excelent
        stoves...but this is a good reason to consider applying for the
        brasslite. no moving parts. OK ths this stove does have a sliding
        simmer ring but still. I need some apps so I am stooping to drastice
        measures including exagerating a bit if I have to.

        As for Arnolds question. I thing his idea of calling custemer
        service is a good one. The will know if it might be a problem or may
        just decide to send a replacement stove. At least they will know
        that his stove came without instructions. Probably because it is a
        test stove and not packed as mormal but who knows.

        Coy Boy

        --- In backpackgeartesters <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
        <alp4982@...> wrote:

        > I opened the package and not finding any directions i proceeded to
        open
        > the stove. The plastic latch appeared to be stuck or jammed. In
        > trying to release it, it broke. I then found out that the part
        that
        > was in the main part of the stove was stuck. I took apart the
        stove
        > until I was able to free the plastic latch. I was able to puth the
        > latch together so it now functions. This should have ne bearing on
        the
        > testing I will be doing.
        > I think I should notify customer about this potential problem.
        > Please advise on this matter
        > thanks
        > arnie
        >
        > I will be working on the IR. I would not want to return the stove
        > until I have tested it.

      • nazdarovye
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Al - just be safe, first and foremost.

          It's fine to contact customer support - generally we don't present
          ourselves as testers, but simply as owners of the product, so we can
          evaluate the same treatment any customer would get.

          Let us know how that goes, and I'll keep an eye out for your IR.