Question Coleman Stove Arnold

  • al peterson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      I opened the package and not finding any directions i proceeded to open
      the stove. The plastic latch appeared to be stuck or jammed. In
      trying to release it, it broke. I then found out that the part that
      was in the main part of the stove was stuck. I took apart the stove
      until I was able to free the plastic latch. I was able to puth the
      latch together so it now functions. This should have ne bearing on the
      testing I will be doing.
      I think I should notify customer about this potential problem.
      Please advise on this matter
      thanks
      arnie

      I will be working on the IR. I would not want to return the stove
      until I have tested it.
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        not a knock on Coleman because I think they make excelent
        stoves...but this is a good reason to consider applying for the
        brasslite. no moving parts. OK ths this stove does have a sliding
        simmer ring but still. I need some apps so I am stooping to drastice
        measures including exagerating a bit if I have to.

        As for Arnolds question. I thing his idea of calling custemer
        service is a good one. The will know if it might be a problem or may
        just decide to send a replacement stove. At least they will know
        that his stove came without instructions. Probably because it is a
        test stove and not packed as mormal but who knows.

        Coy Boy

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "al peterson"
        <alp4982@...> wrote:

        > I opened the package and not finding any directions i proceeded to
        open
        > the stove. The plastic latch appeared to be stuck or jammed. In
        > trying to release it, it broke. I then found out that the part
        that
        > was in the main part of the stove was stuck. I took apart the
        stove
        > until I was able to free the plastic latch. I was able to puth the
        > latch together so it now functions. This should have ne bearing on
        the
        > testing I will be doing.
        > I think I should notify customer about this potential problem.
        > Please advise on this matter
        > thanks
        > arnie
        >
        > I will be working on the IR. I would not want to return the stove
        > until I have tested it.

      • Mark McLauchlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Shhh Coy Boy, the more people that apply the less chance I have :-)

          _____

          not a knock on Coleman because I think they make excelent
          stoves...but this is a good reason to consider applying for the
          brasslite. no moving parts. OK ths this stove does have a sliding
          simmer ring but still. I need some apps so I am stooping to drastice
          measures including exagerating a bit if I have to.

          As for Arnolds question. I thing his idea of calling custemer
          service is a good one. The will know if it might be a problem or may
          just decide to send a replacement stove. At least they will know
          that his stove came without instructions. Probably because it is a
          test stove and not packed as mormal but who knows.

          Coy Boy

          --- In backpackgeartesters <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>
          <alp4982@...> wrote:

          > I opened the package and not finding any directions i proceeded to
          open
          > the stove. The plastic latch appeared to be stuck or jammed. In
          > trying to release it, it broke. I then found out that the part
          that
          > was in the main part of the stove was stuck. I took apart the
          stove
          > until I was able to free the plastic latch. I was able to puth the
          > latch together so it now functions. This should have ne bearing on
          the
          > testing I will be doing.
          > I think I should notify customer about this potential problem.
          > Please advise on this matter
          > thanks
          > arnie
          >
          > I will be working on the IR. I would not want to return the stove
          > until I have tested it.

        • nazdarovye
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
            Al - just be safe, first and foremost.

            It's fine to contact customer support - generally we don't present
            ourselves as testers, but simply as owners of the product, so we can
            evaluate the same treatment any customer would get.

            Let us know how that goes, and I'll keep an eye out for your IR.