Att: Rick Re: Moderator's Note - BD Terra CF Trekking poles (Shandra)

  • André Corterier
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
      Thanks, Rick. I needed that.
      ;-)

      No, really - as I hope I made clear at the beginning of my edits, I
      know I am still having to find my line in this regard, and I am
      grateful for the help. I know I am picky about language (I guess
      it's become obvious by now), so I will take particular care to
      adjust to the proper degree of slack.

      Again, thanks,

      André

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Rick Allnutt <rick@b...>
      wrote:
      > A couple test moderator comments for Andre on his monitoring of
      this report:
      <snip>
      > There is a line that must be
      > learned by experience between understandable but slightly
      incorrect
      > grammar and that kind of grammar which really needs to be changed.
      The
      > essential difference is whether the grammar chosen by the tester
      is
      > understandable to the average reader.
      >
      > Rick
      > BGT Test Moderator
      > BD TerraCF Test
    • Chief Moderator
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
        Five bucks says you can edit English better than I can edit German......
        ;o)

        Jerry

        _____

        wrote:
        > A couple test moderator comments for Andre on his monitoring of
        this report:
        <snip>
        > There is a line that must be
        > learned by experience between understandable but slightly
        incorrect
        > grammar and that kind of grammar which really needs to be changed.
        The
        > essential difference is whether the grammar chosen by the tester
        is
        > understandable to the average reader.
        >
        > Rick
        > BGT Test Moderator
        > BD TerraCF Test

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
          > Five bucks says you can edit English better than I can edit German......
          > ;o)

          You can edit German?

          Shane
        • Chief Moderator
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
            Nooooo, I can't. That's the point, silly.... =oP

            Jerry

            _____

            > Five bucks says you can edit English better than I can edit German......
            > ;o)

            You can edit German?

            Shane

            _____

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
              André Corterier wrote:

              >Thanks, Rick. I needed that.
              >;-)
              >
              >No, really - as I hope I made clear at the beginning of my edits, I
              >know I am still having to find my line in this regard, and I am
              >grateful for the help. I know I am picky about language (I guess
              >it's become obvious by now), so I will take particular care to
              >adjust to the proper degree of slack.
              >
              >Again, thanks,
              >
              >André

              I have the same bent to want the language to be right. However, as
              David Anderson has pointed out many times to me, what is important is
              simply that it can be easily understood. Thanks for taking the
              instruction gracefully.

              Rick