Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT Field Report - Golite Xanadu - Rebecca

  • Rebecca Sowards-Emmerd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 7:02 PM
      Thanks for the edit - changes made!

      You're right about the kind-of speculation, but I want to leave it in
      since it is based on real conclusions that I've drawn from my
      observations (dust = snow), and also explains why I won't be taking it
      out to real storm conditions, even if I had the chance. I'm going to
      go ahead and read the other reports now (something I don't do before
      writing my own reports) to see what the other testers have to say.

      I think that the problem with this tent isn't necessarily the design,
      but the marketing. It may be a bad four season tent, but it's a good
      3+ season tent. If they didn't market it as a 4 season tent I might
      not be so harsh in my conclusions. Hopefully our reports will make
      them rethink this.

      Rebecca