EDIT: FR - OR Elixir - Rick

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Here ya go!
      As usual:
      EDIT: Change Me
      Edit: Think about changing me
      Comment: Everything else

      Never thought about using my sleeping bag or quilt under my windshell...
      Nice!

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      > But in the misty rain I have walked in, there has been no
      > penetration of the precipitation through the fabric.
      Edit: Can you elaborate a bit more on how the hood has functioned this
      phase. I know you mention only misty rain. However, any information would
      help. I was really looking forward some observances of this when I read your
      IR.

      > It acted as enough of a vapor barrier that I was able to sleep reasonably
      well
      > in the cold. When I woke the next morning, my shirts were not soaked to
      > the skin as has happened before when I put a non-breathable coat on to
      stay
      > warm while sleeping.
      Comment: I'm surprised that it held in that much vapor while sleeping. Gore
      Tec usually makes my skin dry out a bit if I sleep in it.

      > One trick I tried with success on my latest trip was to put my down
      > sleeping quilt over my right shoulder and then put the shell on. I
      > arranged the quilt (a light sleeping bag would have done as well) so
      > that it covered my back and my chest with warm insulation.
      Edit: Did you notice the zippers stretching while doing this? Was the jacket
      large enough as to not restrict movement?

      > - Breathable but water sheding material
      EDIT: Please change sheding to shedding.

      EDIT: I know you mention it at the top, but as per the survival guide can
      you please mention that this is your FR and to come back in a few months for
      the LTR at the bottom of your report.
    • Rick Allnutt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: FR - OR Elixir - Rick
        Tester: Rick Allnutt
        Gear: OR Elixir Jacket

        Thanks for your fine editing Andrew! I made the changes, uploaded the
        report and deleted the test version.

        Rick