MODERATOR COMMENT:> Re: [backpackgeartesters] POST: Field Report - OR Elixir Jacket - André

  • André Corterier
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Priest"
      <apriest@...> wrote:

      > Hi André
      >
      > Great report and cool to see gear getting tested in Japan! Hope you
      had a
      > great visit. I just have a couple of comments for your
      consideration. The
      > first being the adding of a summary sentence summing up the number
      of days
      > testing would be helpful.

      Hmmm. That's over 30 if you count dayhiking. If you count nights out,
      that's 2. Which is why I thought I'd leave it with "lots of
      dayhiking". But reading it again now I see that a reader wouldn't get
      that from what I wrote, so shall include a definite statement to that
      effect.

      > The second is that you mention in your summary that you are "very
      happy with
      > the jacket so far" yet your report raises issues with pockets and
      the DWR.
      > I am therefore curious as to the "very happy" comment. Would you
      still
      > consider this jacket to be your first choice jacket?

      Yes. I note the pockets are only a minor gripe and the jacket has
      excellent venting on top of good breathability, so I'm not that
      concerned, from a usability perspective, about the wetting out.
      Again, I'll try to make that more clear.

      > Regards
      > Andrew

      Thanks,

      André

      and yes, it was a great trip, both business-wise and personally.

      > On 28/03/2008, André Corterier <andre.corterier@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > POST: Field Report - OR Elixir Jacket - André
      > >
      > > Text version below. HTML here: http://tinyurl.com/27sjy6

    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi André

        It does not have to be nights. The policy is about nights or equivalent. So
        if the jacket is something worn primarily whilst walking as opposed to
        around camp or sleeping in then 30 days of hiking is quite valid and
        informative.

        Regards
        Andrew

        --