MODERATOR COMMENT:> Re: [backpackgeartesters] POST: Field Report - OR Elixir Jacket - André

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
      Hi André

      Great report and cool to see gear getting tested in Japan! Hope you had a
      great visit. I just have a couple of comments for your consideration. The
      first being the adding of a summary sentence summing up the number of days
      testing would be helpful.

      The second is that you mention in your summary that you are "very happy with
      the jacket so far" yet your report raises issues with pockets and the DWR.
      I am therefore curious as to the "very happy" comment. Would you still
      consider this jacket to be your first choice jacket?

      Regards
      Andrew

      On 28/03/2008, André Corterier <andre.corterier@...> wrote:

      > > POST: Field Report - OR Elixir Jacket - André
      >
      > Text version below. HTML here: http://tinyurl.com/27sjy6

    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Priest"
        <apriest@...> wrote:

        > Hi André
        >
        > Great report and cool to see gear getting tested in Japan! Hope you
        had a
        > great visit. I just have a couple of comments for your
        consideration. The
        > first being the adding of a summary sentence summing up the number
        of days
        > testing would be helpful.

        Hmmm. That's over 30 if you count dayhiking. If you count nights out,
        that's 2. Which is why I thought I'd leave it with "lots of
        dayhiking". But reading it again now I see that a reader wouldn't get
        that from what I wrote, so shall include a definite statement to that
        effect.

        > The second is that you mention in your summary that you are "very
        happy with
        > the jacket so far" yet your report raises issues with pockets and
        the DWR.
        > I am therefore curious as to the "very happy" comment. Would you
        still
        > consider this jacket to be your first choice jacket?

        Yes. I note the pockets are only a minor gripe and the jacket has
        excellent venting on top of good breathability, so I'm not that
        concerned, from a usability perspective, about the wetting out.
        Again, I'll try to make that more clear.

        > Regards
        > Andrew

        Thanks,

        André

        and yes, it was a great trip, both business-wise and personally.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          Hi André

          It does not have to be nights. The policy is about nights or equivalent. So
          if the jacket is something worn primarily whilst walking as opposed to
          around camp or sleeping in then 30 days of hiking is quite valid and
          informative.

          Regards
          Andrew

          --