Re: [backpackgeartesters] INITIAL REPORT - Numa Swat Glasses - Curry

  • RonC
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2 6:23 AM
      The owner of Numa Glasses called me and was discussing
      the different glasses. He asked me what size I wore,
      and he indicated at the end of our conversation that
      the glasses were great for bike riding, which I do a
      lot of. I thought he was discussing the X-frames.
      Since I was hoping to get these in time for my IR
      before the trip, I was pleased that he indicated he
      would ship that day. As far as I knew, I was getting
      the X-frames. When I posted the arrival notice, I had
      not examined the glasses. I did not figure it out
      until I had opened the glasses and had actually wrote
      most of my report before I noticed that they were the
      Swat model, which I then discovered on the website as
      having the largest lens of the models. There is
      nothing on the website indicating the Swat models as
      being designed for bike riding specifically. I do not
      know why I received the Swat model, unless Jake
      considered it better for bike riding. On my
      conversation with him, I indicated about my upcoming
      trips and locations, but it was Jake who first
      discussed how great the glasses were for bikes, and I
      indicated that was great, as I ride a lot.

      Russ

      === message truncated ===

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2 6:26 AM
        If all the testers receive the Swats - we'll just go with that - if not,
        we'll figure it out.

        No worries.
        Leesa

      • becki_s19
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 3:00 PM
          EDIT: INITIAL REPORT - Numa Swat Glasses - Curry

          Russ-
          Hope I caught you before you headed off! Once you address the edit's
          you're good to go.

          Becky S

          > MSRP: $145.00
          edit: please specify US$

          > Warranty: Lifetime warranty for standard
          use -
          > $30 processing fee required
          edit: please specify US$

          > The Numa Swat Eyewear System arrived in a zippered fabric container
          > with the frames mounted with the smoke polarizing lens and the
          other 3
          > sets of lens wrapped
          edit: lenses, both locations

          in plastic and in their own secure slot in the
          > foam inside the box. Also in separate packing was a smaller frame
          > case for use when traveling, as well as a bag with a drawstring for
          > use to protect the frames and lens.
          edit: lenses

          > The Swat model of the Numa Tactical Sunglass system is a straight
          > forward design that looks and feels great when worn on my head. I
          > expecially
          edit: especially

          > when worn. The rubberized temple pads, at least during my initial
          > trial, has worked well to prevent slippage.
          edit: have worked