Application to test- NUMA X FRAMES EXTREME...- Will Rice

  • dalenmoney
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      I am at work...will upload 2nd approved OR as soon as I get
      home...wanted to get this in.

      Please accept my application for the privilege of testing the Numa X-
      Frames Extreme Eyewear System. I, Will Rice have read and agree to
      comply with the report requirements stated in chapter 5 of the
      BackpackGearTest Bylaws v. 0609.

      NAME: William Rice
      EMAIL: tdnarrator@...
      AGE: 26
      LOCATION: Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 7" (1.70 m)
      WEIGHT: 145 lb (65.80 kg)

      I began backpacking at the age of 13 when I first went to summer
      camp (1993). In 1999, I started working with a college tripping
      organization in outdoor trip logistics (in gear preparation), and
      then as a leader. My most frequented hiking locations are in the
      Carolina Appalachians and the Smoky Mountains during the cold early
      spring and the summer. I stopped being a trip leader in 2004, and
      now I average about 4 backpacking trips and 4 day hikes per year. I
      carry between 25 and 35 lbs (11.3-15.8 kg) on multi-day trips.

      Field Info:
      I intend to test this gear in Atlanta, North Georgia, North
      Carolina, and West Virginia. It will be tested all at elevations
      below 6600 ft, on flat and calm terrain in Atlanta, but otherwise in
      the Appalachian foothills and mountains. Since it is winter in the
      southeast, I expect that temperatures will range from freezing to
      about 70 degrees. In West VA, I intend to use it while
      snowboarding, so temperatures will be freezing and lower with wind
      chill. There will be sun and rain during testing, but likely not

      I am an extremely active guy that likes to train, in preparation for
      being active. I run 2-3 times a week (2-3 miles at a time) in all
      weather, walk wherever I can, mountain bike, climb, and do whatever
      outdoor activities that present themselves as an option. I am a bit
      of a gear nut, preferring my accessories to perform multiple roles
      in addition to what they advertise. Being not very big in stature,
      I also prefer lightweight gear that won't bog me down should I
      decide to do some rock hopping or take urban shortcuts.

      I plan to test this gear while running during the week, especially
      on a rainy day. I also plan to test while doing some day hikes,
      probably at Stone Mountain, GA. They will serve as my eye-defense
      against the wind while snowboarding in WVA. Lastly, they will come
      bouldering with me in NC, and maybe even some more light hiking and
      climbing in western and central NC.

      Test Questions:
      Are they comfortable? Can I forget I am wearing them?
      Do they stay in place when I am pounding the pavement?
      If I crash a snowboard while wearing them, where do they go?
      Do they fog when I am hot while still keeping wind out?
      Do they limit peripheral vision while climbing?
      How easy do the lenses change out? Is it practical to change them
      daily according to the weather?
      Will wearing these glasses attract members of my sexual preference?

      I have finished two owner reviews that can be viewed here: