Re: EDIT: IR - Brunton Vapor Stove Kevin H

  • kholling55
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hey Sheila,

      Thanks for the edits. Sorry to be so much trouble. I just wanted to
      start off fresh. I corrected the edits. I took your advice on
      replaceing two sentences, but on the suggestion

      > To prime
      > the stove, the control valve is closed and the bottle is "pumped up"
      > for about 20-25 full strokes to build up air pressure with-in the
      > fuel bottle.

      I used "The control valve is closed and the bottle is "pumped up"
      until firm resistance is felt. According to the provided manual, this
      usually occurs in "approximately 20-25 full strokes.""

      It just sounded better to me.

      I also added the length of the fuel line "Coming from the side of the
      control valve is a 11.5 in ( 29.2 cm) braided steel fuel hose that is
      used to connect the fuel source to the stove."

      I also changed amended to added.

      I will upload the report as soon as the folder is there.

      Cheers,

      Kevin H

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kevin,
      >
      > Alrighty, I suppose it's good to start fresh anyway.
      > As usual, EDITs, Edits and Comments are below.
      >
      > Sheila
      >

      > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "kholling55"
      <kholling55@> wrote:

      > > Fuel: butane, white gas, kerosene, diesel #1, auto fuel,
      and jet

      > Edit: It looks like there's an extra space before "jet"
      >

      > > The stove has of a large, orange aluminum burner cup, with the
      > > letter "G" and "L" engraved in it. A brass inner burner cup with
      the
      > > screw-in jet is located on the inside of the large outer cup.
      Sitting
> [...]
      > > of the inner burner and extending past the supports.
      >
      > EDIT: extends
      >

      > > The stuff sack is large enough so that all the
      > > components that are included.
      >
      > EDIT: finish the sentence
      >

      > > To use the stove with gas/butane type fuel, it is turn the
      control
      > > valve on at the stove slightly, releasing some gas and then light
      the
      > > gas with a match or lighter.
      >
      > EDIT: Cut "it is".
      >

      > > To prime
      > > the stove, the control valve is closed and the bottle is "pumped
      up"
      > > for about 20-25 full strokes to build up air pressure with-in the
      > > fuel bottle.
      >
      > EDIT: This is straight from the manual. Try using quotes in a
      sentence something like this:
      > "To prime the stove, Bruton's Vapor manual says to, 'pump
      approximately 20-25 full
      > strokes to build up air pressure in the fuel bottle.'"
      >

      > > Turn of the valve, light the wick, and
      > > once the flame has become small, turn the valve slowly on, until
      > > there is a controlled, blue flame. .
      >
      > EDIT: There's an extra space and period.
      >

      > A high, surging and yellowish
      > > flame is the result of insufficient priming or over-pressurize of
      the
      > > bottle.
      >
      > EDIT: This sounds pretty close to the manual. Instead, try
      something like, "According to
      > the Vapor manual, over-pressurizing or insufficiently priming the
      fuel bottle will result in
      > a 'high, surging and yellowish flame'."
      >

      > > To turn off the stove, all that needs to be done is to rotate
      > > the fuel bottle and pump until off is seem on the pump.
      >
      > EDIT: Do you mean until "OFF" is seen? (not seem)
      >

      > > This allows
      > > for extra fuel to be burnt, and depressurization of the fuel
      bottle.

      > EDIT: and for depressurization
      >

      > > If stove output is still poor, it may be
      > > necessary to remove the burner plate, unscrew the jet using the
      > > provided Multi-tool, and then carefully prick the jet orifice to
      > > remove any obstructing debris.
      >
      > EDIT: Again, this is just practically straight from the manual. How
      about something like: "If
      > stove output is not improved after cleaning the jet hole, Brunton
      recommends removing
      > the burner plate and unscrewing the jet to remove additional
      debris."

      > > This concludes my Initial
      > > Report. The Field Report will be amended to this report in
      > > approximately two months from the date of this report. Please
      check
      > > back then for further information.
      >
      > EDIT: I read your comment, but the BGT page is wrong and the
      word "amended" is wrong
      > in this context. A lot of us, including myself, blindly copied this
      mistake when it was made
      > on an example page on the BGT sit. Please take out the
      word "amended" from your report.