EDIT: LTR - Danner 453 GTX Boots - Tim Tessier

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hello Tim,

      I'm delighted for you that the boots worked out so much better than
      you had initially expected. I have a few small edits. Incorpotae these
      and upload at will.

      Ted.

      > I have continued to use these boots throughout the fall and into early
      > winter. I have hiked approximately sixty miles

      ### EDIT: conversion needed

      in them since my field
      > report. This has been primarily on dry dusty trails as the southern US
      > has been in a drought situation all year. I have found that they have
      > become increasingly comfortable over time.
      >
      > On Saturday my son and I went into the Great Smoky Mountains National
      > Park in western North Carolina. The weather had been rainy on Friday.
      > We started at about 3,000 ft (914 m) elevation and hiked 7.2 miles (11.6
      > km) into a campsite at approximately 2,200 ft (671 m) elevation. This
      > trail crossed several streams and followed a stream bed. The previous
      > days rain had made the trails swampy, particularly aound

      ### EDIT: around

      the stream
      > crossings.
      >

      > I don't know what else to tell you, they DID THE JOB, beyond my wildest
      > expectations. We hiked 22.5 miles

      ### EDIT: conversion needed

      in two days in conditions that ranged
      > from wet to slogging through ankle deep mud, and the boots didn't leak
      > at all.
      >
      > <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 4" IMAGE CAPTION = "The morning
      > after">>
      >
      > The other note about these boots is that I set them out in the sun to
      > dry today. I left them out all day in direct sunlight on a cool 45 F (7
      > C) day and let the mud on them dry thoroughly. I then took a standard
      > scrub brush and vigorously brushed them all over. The mud came off and
      > they look just fine, not like brand new anymore, but certainly ready to
      >
      > Previously, I had commented on the flat step, or lack of a rocker
      > motion. Maybe I've just gotten used to the way they feel but I have
      > noticed this much less in the last couple of trips. All in all, the
      > boots are now quite comfortable. Also, though I'm pushing a 100 miles
      > (161 km) in total they are not showing the slightest wear and tear.
      >

      > Final Summary
      >
      > When I completed my field report I have to say I was not completely sold
      > on these boots. Today, however, I think you would have to fight me to
      > get me to give them up. They absolutely deliver on everything you

      ### EDIT: I

      want