EDIT: LTR - Darn Tough Vermont Socks - Mike Wilkie

  • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
      Mike,

      Below listed are your edits. I loved the picture of your dog! Thanks for working with me on this test. Go ahead and delete your test file in the test folder when you are done and upload your LTR to the proper folder.

      Kathy
      Darn Tough Vermont Test Monitor

      The elevation on the summit was 3980 ft (1214).

      EDIT: Add "m" to "1214".

      This was a brisk sunny day with high temperates around 40 F
      (4.44 C).
      EDIT: Change "temperates" to "temperatures".

      The elevation on the summit of Thomas Cole was at 3940ft (1201 m).
      EDIT: Add a space between "3940" and "ft".

      I found the Micro Crew Socks are best to be used as a three season socks.
      EDIT: Delete "a" to keep everything plural.

      They are perfect for keeping your feet warm and dry on those cooler mornings and nights during the fall. I have also found that these Darn Tough socks help keep your feet cool and dry during those hot summer days.
      EDIT: Uh-oh! The dreaded "your" word! Please change to "my" to reflect your own experiences.

      On my last trip out, on the way up to the summit of
      Black Dome, I was forced to change out of these socks.
      I had to replace the Darn Tough Vermont Socks for a
      more heavier weight pair that would help when I taking
      lunch or view breaks.
      EDIT: Delete "more" before "heavier".

      I would have to agree with the other BGT testers who also spent time testing these who stated that the socks are "Darn Tough".
      Edit: My opinion here...I think you should just indicate that you think the socks are tough and leave out the other BGT testers. I know you are making a redundant statement (if you have already read the other reports) but I don't think you should worry about it.

      The form fitting structure is still holding up and still huge my feet like they did when I first received them.
      EDIT: Change "huge" to "hug".

      As of right know when the time comes for purchasing a new pair for myself or as a gift for fellow adventurers, Darn Tough Vermont will be the ones I go with.
      EDIT: Change "know" to "now".

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
        Kathy,

        Thank you for all your help and edits. It's been a
        pleasure.

        I'll have the new edited version uploaded to its
        folder asap.

        Best Regards,
        Mike Wilkie
        (foreverwild)