APPLICATION TO TEST Princeton Tec Fuel Headlamp - Erich Roetz

  • eroetz93
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007

      Date: 12/1/07

      Please accept my application to test the Princeton Tec Fuel
      Headlamp. I have read The BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, the
      appendices, and the Survival Guide. My tester agreement was mailed
      on November 14, 2007. I agree to comply with requirements as outlined
      in the Bylaws.

      NAME: Erich Roetz
      EMAIL: eroetz93 at yahoo dot com
      AGE: 39
      LOCATION: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
      WEIGHT: 170 lb (77.10 kg)

      Backpacking Background: I started backpacking when I was Boy Scout
      over 27 years ago. I do mostly medium weight backpacking but I am
      doing more lightweight backpacking now that my son is a Scout. We
      camp one weekend a month all year round in temperatures from very hot
      (Virginia summers of 100 F/38 C) to very cold (Pennsylvania winters -
      below freezing) from sea level to about 2000 ft (610 meters)
      elevations.

      Field Information

      If I am chosen to test Princeton Tec Fuel Headlamp, I will test them
      in three separate locations: Virginia Beach, Virginia in December;
      Surry, Virginia in January; and Valley Forge, Pennsylvania in
      February.
      The average temperatures for the locations on these dates are:
      Virginia Beach, VA December 54 – 36 F (12 – 2 C)
      Surry, VA January 50 – 30 F (10 - -1 C)
      Valley Forge, PA February 48 – 20 F ( 9 - -7 C)
      During my test periods, I will be out for two or three nights each.

      My order of color preference would be as follows:
      Black / Charcoal
      Green / Charcoal

      Test Plan

      Operation:
      Is it easy to turn on? How easy is it to turn on and change modes?
      Is it easy to use with gloves on? Does the ratchet allow for easy
      rotation? Does it allow the beam to be directed properly?

      Illumination:
      Is it bright enough? Is it too bright to read? Are each of the
      modes useful? Can the Emergency mode be seen easily?

      Durability:
      Does it last 160 hours? How long do the batteries last in each mode?

      Comfort and fit:
      How does the strap feel in the heat? How does it feel when it gets
      wet? Does it chafe? How adjustable is the strap? Can I wear it
      every day?

      I will start by testing the battery length in each mode measuring the
      illumination distance. Next, I will use this on the next three
      outing listed above. If the weather doesn't wet me down, I'll wet
      the strap down. I'll take it on two night hikes.

      Owner reviews can be found here:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/gerbil93

      Current Test Series:
      None

      Other Pending Applications:
      Peak Camp 'n Trail Food products

      I would like to thank you and Princeton Tec for your consideration,
      Erich Roetz