EDIT: FR MountainAbout GatrGards David Heyting

  • becki_s19
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      David-

      Looks like you gave them qite a workout! Just a general note, next
      time please go through your repprt and double check that you have all
      conversions. Also, when doing conversions for generalities (mid
      40's), make sure that you enter in 45 as the temperature to convert
      from.

      One you make the corrections, you're good to upload.

      Becky S

      > Field Conditions and Locations:
      > I have used GatrGards on numerous hiking trips and trail running
      > during the two month testing period. Three of my trips during this
      > period were longer outings. The first was a 16 mile (25.8 km) hike
      > in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in Washington. The trip included
      > some 3rd to fourth class scrambling on Kaletan Peak. The Peak is
      > made up of Granite and included a moving through boulder and scree
      > fields both on the ascent and the descent of the peak. During the
      > trip I experienced low temperatures of around 40 F (4 C) and highs
      > around 60 F.
      Edit:add 16 C

      The next trip was a 24 mile
      Edit: 39 Km

      hike in the Columbia River
      > Gorge area in Oregon. I stayed entirely on trials during this
      trip.
      > Temperatures were lows in the mid 40's F (4 C) to mid 50's F
      (10C).
      Edit: actually 7C for mid 40s, 13C for mid 50s

      > The third longer outing was another approximately 16 mile trip
      (25.8
      > km) again into the Alpine Lake Wilderness. On this trip I
      > encountered snow at around 3500 ft and logged about 7 miles
      Edit: 1067 M, 11 km

      in 1 to
      > 3 inches (2.5 to 7.6 cm) of snow during the trip. Temperatures
      > ranged from mid 30's F (0 C) to the upper 40's F (4C).
      Edit: 2C, 9C if you use 48 to represent high 40s.

      > I also used the GatrGards while doing some local hiking in the
      > Cascades near my house in the Cascade Foothills and Issaquah Alps
      > areas. Likewise, I have also used them for trail running. I
      > completed a 50km (31 miles) trail run (The North Face Challenge)
      > while using the GatrGards and also have probably logged an
      > additional 50 + miles of trail running (80 km) during the testing
      > period.
      Comment: it's best to have the conversion right after the mileage.

      > break. The Shock cords remain super stretchy and flexible on both
      edit: you don't need to capatilize "shock"

      > the toggle do not stay tucked underneath my gaiters. On
      > MountainAbout's website, it shows pictures of how to tuck in the
      > access shock cord;
      Edit: I think you're looking for 'excess' shock cord

      however I just can't seem to get the cords to
      > stay in this manner. This causes them to actually stick straight
      out
      > and give my feet the appearance of wings. This is not a concern
      for
      > the outside strap, but does pose to be a bit of an annoyance with
      > the inner strap. As the wing can be stepped on and cause a
      potential
      edit: It looks like autocorrect gave you a sentence fragmet- it looks
      like you put in a period instead of a commma.. it should probably
      read: inner strap, as the wing

      > fall or slip. I have not experienced any issues with the "wings"
      > causing me to fall, however I have stepped on the cords a couple of
      > times. I probably will end of shortening the inner strap to
      > eliminate this issue and keep less shock cord exposed on the inside
      > of my foot.
      edit: I think you meant "end up shortening"
    • deheyting
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
        The changes have been made and the file has been uploaded to its
        home. Thanks Becky

        David

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "becki_s19"