OOP - Ed Morse

  • Edwin Morse
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
      I am going for a walk in the morning. My plan is to return late Monday
      November 5, 2007. My primary objective is to enjoy the fall scenery and
      take some pictures. Testing gear is a side issue, but still important.
      I had hoped to wear the Kamik Viper Boots that arrived yesterday.
      Unfortunately they are too small.

      I will be OOP for 4 days.

      Ed Morse
    • Edwin Morse
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 13, 2007
        Driving from Michigan to Florida for Thanksgiving. I expect to be back
        home December 7, 2007. I will have email access most nights.

        No tests will be affected.

        Ed Morse
      • Edwin Morse
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 26, 2008
          I will be OOP 3/27/08 thru Monday 3/21/08

          Ed Morse
        • Edwin Morse
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 30 4:10 PM
            I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.

            No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
            I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
            the Montbell Mistral Parka.

            Ed Morse
          • Leesa J
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 30 4:12 PM
              Have a great time! Might be a good idea to send the test Moderator your
              shipping info - just in case.

              Leesa

              On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@...> wrote:

              > I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.
              >
              > No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
              > I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
              > the Montbell Mistral Parka.
              >
              > Ed Morse

            • Ed Morse
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 30 5:07 PM
                Thanks for the suggestion Leesa,

                I just did that.

                Ed M

                _____

                On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@charter.
                <mailto:ed.morse%40charter.net> net> wrote:

                > I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.
                >
                > No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
                > I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
                > the Montbell Mistral Parka.
                >
                > Ed Morse

              • Edwin Morse
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                  I will be OOP for at least a week.

                  Items affected: Teva Wraptor Shield trail runners and Industrial
                  revolution Ultrapod digital reports are due on both July 29, 2008.
                  I have asked for extensions but, probably because Leesa is having
                  computer problems too, I have seen no response.

                  I will be out for fun and testing 4 items: Teva Wraptors, Ultrapod
                  Digital, GSI Soloist cookset and the Primus PrimeLite headlamp.

                  Ed Morse
                • Edwin Morse
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                    I will be traveling from tomorrow, 11/21/08, through at least Saturday,
                    12/13/08. I will have occassional e-mail access. One report will be
                    affected.

                    Ed Morse
                  • Leesa J
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                      Ed,

                      When you say one report will be affected, do you mean you need an
                      extension? If so, let me know which one, and when you will have it ready.

                      Thanks - and enjoy your travels.

                      Leesa

                      On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@...> wrote:

                      > I will be traveling from tomorrow, 11/21/08, through at least Saturday,
                      > 12/13/08. I will have occassional e-mail access. One report will be
                      > affected.
                      >
                      > Ed Morse

                    • Edwin Morse
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 21, 2008
                        I will be OOP from Monday 12/22/08 through Wednesday 12/31/08, in other
                        words for the rest of the year.
                        All this great snow and I'm going to Phoenix area for Christmas.

                        No reports should be affected. I have 3 reports due on 1/6/09. Two are
                        nearly complete while I will be working on the third when I return.

                        Ed Morse
                      • Edwin Morse
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                          I will be OOP from 1/31/09 to about 2/17/09.

                          I am driving from Michigan to Florida for about a week of backpacking.

                          With all the crazy weather and drivers in between the only thing I know
                          for sure is the starting time.

                          Ed M
                        • Edwin Morse
                          Message 12 of 25 , Mar 25, 2009
                            I will be OOP from this afternoon (3/25/09) until at least Tuesday (3/31/09).

                            Ed M
                          • Edwin Morse
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 4, 2009
                              I will be OOP from May 5 through May 27.
                              I will be hiking in northern Minnesota for most of that time.

                              Ed Morse
                            • Ed
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 16, 2009
                                I will be out hiking tomorrow (9/17/09) through Tuesday (9/22/09).
                                The ending date is assuming we can average over 14 miles daily.

                                Ed Morse
                              • Ed
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 19, 2009
                                  I will be OOP from Friday November 20 through Tuesday December 15, 2009.

                                  Florida For Thanksgiving. Then a little camping and exploring.

                                  Ed Morse
                                • Ed
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 22, 2010
                                    I will be leaving early Tuesday (3/23/10) for 3 weeks travel.
                                    I expect to be home Tuesday (4/13/10). But delays can happen driving from Michigan to Arizona and back.

                                    Ed Morse
                                  • Thomas Vickers
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Mar 25, 2010
                                      Actually it is the ULA CDT Pack, formally known as the ULA Conduit.

                                      Three lucky testers will get a chance to test the ULA CDT pack, but they
                                      have to apply first.

                                      PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE:
                                      1. The opening disclaimer for testing
                                      2. A Personal bio
                                      3. A brief test plan, just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
                                      product and where you will be testing it
                                      4. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page)
                                      5. List your current test load, or a link to your test status page
                                      6. List any applications currently under consideration
                                      7. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

                                      Now for the TEST CALL SPECIFICS...

                                      - product information available via the following link:
                                      http://www.ula-equipment.com/conduit.asp

                                      - Newbie Limit DOES apply - U.S. shipping included
                                      - Test Call closes @ 9 pm Central on April 1, 2010
                                      - Please included "ULA CDT" in the subject line of your application
                                      - Thomas Vickers is the Moderator for this test

                                      Happy applicating
                                    • Tim Earley
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Mar 25, 2010
                                        Please accept my application to test the Okeeffe's Healthy Feet and
                                        Life Out There products. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws
                                        v. 0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements.

                                        Tester Information
                                        Name: Tim Earley
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Height: 6' " (180 cm)
                                        Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
                                        Email address: timothy DOT earley AT gmail DOT com
                                        City: Yonkers
                                        State: New York
                                        Country: USA
                                        Date: March 25, 2010

                                        Backpacking Background:

                                        My first exposure to backpacking was about seven years ago in the Army
                                        where I learned everything I needed to learn about being comfortable
                                        in the wilderness with little to no �comfort gear.� I primarily do
                                        day hikes now, with the occasional overnight jaunt thrown in whenever
                                        possible. I consider myself a lightweight packer, though not a
                                        minimalist. My favorite hikes are those that have significant
                                        elevation change as these provide the best views, most challenge and
                                        best reward. I am most comfortable in cool to cold weather as I tend
                                        to overheat in other seasons.

                                        Test plan

                                        If selected for this test I will be sure to put both of these products
                                        to good use. Firstly, I see myself as an ideal candidate for the
                                        Healthy Feet product as I really tear my feet up when I'm on and off
                                        the trail. Cracked peeling skin (gross) is the norm for me and
                                        sometimes can get pretty bad so if this product can heal my feet, it
                                        can probably heal anyone's.

                                        The Life Out there product will also be useful to me as I'm prone to
                                        dry, windburned skin (face and knuckles). I will test to see the
                                        healing capabilities as well as preventative abilities (primarily
                                        against windburn) of this product.

                                        My primary questions are:
                                        -Healthy Feet: does it absorb quickly or do I have to keep my feet
                                        bare for a while? (convenience on the trail)
                                        -Both: How greasy/oily is it really? (that goes for my feet as well as
                                        my hands and face afterwards)
                                        -Both: What's it smell like? After all, it's going to be on my hands
                                        and face too. Does the smell attract insects?
                                        -Both: Overall healing ability and ability to prevent cracking.

                                        The test plan is pretty simple albeit a bit sadistic. Let my feet get
                                        a little beat up and let my face and hands get some windburn. Apply
                                        the products when I return home and see how long and how many
                                        applications it takes to begin to heal. Following this I will apply
                                        the products before and see if they have a preventative effect during
                                        the same type of activity. This should give a good gauge of their
                                        effectiveness.

                                        My test status page can be found here

                                        My reports can be found here

                                        Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to the test!

                                        Tim

                                      • Tim Earley

                                          Date: March 29, 2010

                                          Backpacking Background:

                                          My first exposure to backpacking was about seven years ago in the Army
                                          where I learned everything I needed to learn about being comfortable
                                          in the wilderness with little to no comfort gear. I primarily do day
                                          hikes now, with the occasional overnight jaunt thrown in whenever
                                          possible. I consider myself a lightweight packer, though not a
                                          minimalist. My favorite hikes are those that have significant
                                          elevation change as these provide the best views, most challenge and
                                          best reward. I am most comfortable in cool to cold weather as I tend
                                          to overheat in other seasons.

                                          Test plan

                                          If selected for this test I will use this pack for primarily one to
                                          two night backpacking trips in the Hudson Valley and Catskills area.
                                          I admit I'm not technically an ultralighter though I do tend to travel
                                          with minimal weight when possible.

                                          My primary concerns/questions are:
                                          -Durability: I'm always concerned about this with anything
                                          ultralight. Just waiting to be proven wrong!
                                          -Back support: I'm used to at least some rigidity to the back panel.
                                          I'm curious to see how an inflatable sleeping pad will work. How much
                                          interior volume will this fill?
                                          -Will a camelbak cause serious "barreling" of the back panel?
                                          -Venting: Back panel looks completely flat and I wonder how
                                          comfortable this will be in mid July and August.
                                          -Can I open and close hipbelt pockets with one hand
                                          -How does this function as a daypack?

                                          I will take this pack out on a day hike to start. I will strip it of
                                          all components and see if I miss anything. I will use a camelbak
                                          hydration system to test my barreling concern. I will follow this
                                          with some day trips with heavier loads using an inflatable sleeping
                                          pad to see how supportive it is. From here I will take it on various
                                          overnighters to test out the general user-friendliness and
                                          durability. I will be sure to gradually increase weight until the
                                          pack no longer supports effectively and report the comfort range.

                                          My test status page can be found here

                                          My reports can be found here

                                          Apps currently out:
                                          OKeeffe's Happy Feet and Out There products
                                          Five Ten Exum Guide Boots

                                          Additional Roles:
                                          none

                                          On Mar 25, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Thomas Vickers wrote:

                                          > Actually it is the ULA CDT Pack, formally known as the ULA Conduit.
                                          >
                                          > Three lucky testers will get a chance to test the ULA CDT pack, but
                                          > they
                                          > have to apply first.
                                          >
                                          > PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE:
                                          > 1. The opening disclaimer for testing
                                          > 2. A Personal bio
                                          > 3. A brief test plan, just long enough to demonstrate you understand
                                          > the
                                          > product and where you will be testing it
                                          > 4. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page)
                                          > 5. List your current test load, or a link to your test status page
                                          > 6. List any applications currently under consideration
                                          > 7. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
                                          >
                                          > Now for the TEST CALL SPECIFICS...
                                          >
                                          > - product information available via the following link:
                                          > http://www.ula-equipment.com/conduit.asp
                                          >
                                          > - Newbie Limit DOES apply - U.S. shipping included
                                          > - Test Call closes @ 9 pm Central on April 1, 2010
                                          > - Please included "ULA CDT" in the subject line of your application
                                          > - Thomas Vickers is the Moderator for this test
                                          >
                                          > Happy applicating

                                        • Ed
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jul 15, 2010
                                            I will be OOP from early Friday July 16, 2010 through Sunday July 18, 2010.

                                            Ed Morse
                                          • Ed
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Aug 1, 2010
                                              I will be OOP from early Monday August 2, 2010 through Tuesday August 10, 2010.

                                              I will be doing a little backpacking, some day hikes and several meetings in Wisconsin.

                                              Ed Morse