Attn: ProBar Testers

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      All ProBar Testers:

      I have been talking to ProBar regarding the possibility of obtaining
      additional stock of the ProBars. In addition, the matter has been discussed on the
      Moderator page as a general concept with food items. The conclusions are as
      follows:

      1 - No additional ProBars will be shipped to any of the testers.

      2 - When your supply of ProBars is exhausted, it it time to write and post
      your LTR.

      3 - In this particular instance , the additional product was intended as a
      'thank you' to the tester for his efforts. This latter bit, while well intended,
      is inappropriate and could easily lead to questions regarding the possibility
      that the tester's report was being influenced by the product manufacturer.
      This would be completely, totally, and absolutely unacceptable in any way, shape
      or form.

      Carry on.

      Jim S.
      Test Moderator

    • becki_s19
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, JimSabis@a... wrote:

        > 2 - When your supply of ProBars is exhausted, it it time to write
        and post
        > your LTR.
        > Carry on.
        >
        > Jim S.
        > Test Moderator

        Is the LTR after the supply is exhausted, the last week in July, or
        whichever comes first? With my consumption rates I don't think
        they'll ALL be gone by the previously established deadline. I am
        only using them when I'm backpacking or taking a long full-pack day
        hike in 'training' for our trip. Normally, I don't take along this
        type of product for a regular walk in the woods, etc. It's been
        busy and we've only been on 1 overnighter so far.

        Thanks!

        Becki S
      • JimSabis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          In a message dated 6/1/2005 5:06:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          becki_s19@... writes:
          Is the LTR after the supply is exhausted, the last week in July, or
          whichever comes first? With my consumption rates I don't think
          they'll ALL be gone by the previously established deadline. I am
          only using them when I'm backpacking or taking a long full-pack day
          hike in 'training' for our trip. Normally, I don't take along this
          type of product for a regular walk in the woods, etc. It's been
          busy and we've only been on 1 overnighter so far.

          Thanks!

          Becki S
          ######

          Becki,

          Honor the posted test schedule unless you finish the bars before that date.

          Jim S.

          "He who laughs, lasts." - Mary Poole