TCK Slog Series Topo Socks - LTR - Liz Neely

  • Liz Neely
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007
      TCK Slog Series Topo Socks - LTR - Liz Neely - Sept 2, 2007

      HTML version: http://tinyurl.com/2omgxe

      Text version (LTR portion only):

      Long Term Report September 2, 2007

      Field Information

      In the past two months, I've worn the TCK Topo socks for three short day hikes
      as well as continuing to wear them about once a week as everyday socks. The day
      hikes were all on somewhat steep off-trail terrain in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
      I estimate the temperature was around 80 F (27 C) on all of these day hikes and
      the elevations were around 500-900 ft (152-274 m.) The everyday uses consist
      of a combination of sitting at my desk at work, working in my yard and around
      the house, and walking around town, with temperatures varying from 65-85 F
      (18-29 C).

      Summary

      I still find these socks very comfortable for all the different types of
      activities I have worn them for. The elastic remains strong so they continue to
      give my feet nice support and to stay up rather than falling down or bunching
      up in my shoes or boots. The padding in the toe and heel is also still
      comfortable, although I think it might not be as thick as it was when the socks
      were new. I can't tell for sure, but that's my perception. There is slight
      pilling in the heel area of the sock, but not more than I would expect on a
      four month old pair of socks. The one thing I still needed to report on was
      whether they air dry quickly. I washed the socks and hung them overnight in
      temperatures around 65 F (18 C). In the morning they were dry! This is quicker
      than most of my other socks dry so I would say these dry quickly.

      Conclusion

      I am very happy with these socks and I will continue to wear them; I will
      probably buy additional pairs if/when these wear out because I find them
      extremely comfortable.

      Thank you to BackpackGearTest.org and TCK for giving me the opportunity to test
      the Slog Series Topo socks.