response to Coy Boy Re: LTR Gossamer Gear Mariposa

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi, Coy Boy-

      Thanks for your comments.

      I usually run the fanny pack's waist belt around the adjustable part of the pack's shoulder straps. That can help them slip, though, and cause a need for readjustment. In also tried wrapping the fanny pack's straps around one shoulder strap closer to my shoulder, or across both, using the sternum strap to maintain the fanny pack's height. I am finding that there are trade offs between having small things accessible and air flow blockage, balance weight, etc. I'll probably eventually make a small bag for each strap and see if I like that.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      From: "Coy" <starnescr@...<mailto:starnescr@...>>
      Subject: Re: Long Term Report: Gossamer Gear Mariposa Pack
      (SNIP)
      > Some small experiments I tried included hanging a fanny pack from
      the front in hopes of counterbalancing some weight. I couldn't tell
      if the fanny pack slung from the haul loop across a shoulder to the
      front of a shoulder strap, or just slung between shoulder straps in
      the front was of any help. It did put some small items in reach
      during the day, so, in that regard it was helpful.

      Enyoyed the report Rosaleen. As I was reading I wondered what you did
      here. I couldn't quite picture what you were doing. I just hook the
      fanny pack handles (yous may not have handles?) through the sternum
      strap. It does not hold all that much weight so the shoulder straps
      remain fairly loose. It does keep the fanny pack in place better or
      should I say upright so that I can easily reach in to get my camera or
      snacks.

      Coy Boy