FIELD REPORT WHITE SIERRA PERTH MEN'S T - CURRY

  • mrqcace
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2007
      Good Day: Here is the html version:

      http://tinyurl.com/24tge5

      Only a partial paste of the IR, Scroll down for FR,

      Russ

      INITIAL REPORT

      WhiteSierra Perth Men's Crew Tee

      White Sierra Logo
      copyrighted Logo from WhiteSierra Website

      Initial Report - May 31, 2007
      Field Report - August 4, 2007

      Tester Biography:

      Name: Russell Curry
      Age: 60
      Height: 6'0" (1.83 m)
      Weight:: 182 lbs (83 kg)
      Chest: 42
      Neck: 17
      Email: mrqcace@...
      City, State, Country: Orange, Texas, USA

      Backpacking Background:

      My hiking experiences began while stationed near the German Alps in
      the Army in 1966. I have hiked in many countries across the world as
      well as most states in the US. I hike in all seasons, in temperatures
      as low as 5 F (-15 C) to as high as 110 F (43 C), in rain, shine and
      snow and from desert to forest to mountain. My pack weights vary from
      25 lbs (11 kg) to 10 lbs (5 kg).

      Product Identification:

      Item: WhiteSierra Perth Men's Crew Tee
      Manufacturer: WhiteSierra
      Website: www.whitesierra.com
      Year of Manufacture: 2007
      Exchanges & Returns: Not indicated on the manufacturer's website
      MSRP: $25.00 US

      Product Properties:

      FIELD REPORT
      August 7, 2007

      FIELD LOCATIONS & WEATHER

      I have worn this shirt no less than 4 days a week since receiving it.
      I have also worn it on my thrice weekly bike training rides. In
      addition I have worn it on a 5 day hike on South Padre Island on the
      Texas Gulf Coast. Weather conditions varied from lows of 80 F to highs
      of 95 F (27 C to 35 C). Humidity averaged 90%. All bike rides and
      hikes were on flat terrain. Pack weight for my hike at South Padre
      Island was less than 10 lbs (5 kg).

      FIELD PERFORMANCE

      The high temperatures and humidity in my area has certainly put this
      Perth Tee to a test. It has done a decent job of wicking sweat away
      from my body. It is very absorbent, and after just a short, active
      time outdoors in my area it is soaking wet. It is a tad clingy when
      this wet. I also notice that in my high humidity and temperature
      conditions, it does not dry out as quickly as I would like while on my
      body. My outdoor weather is much like a steam sauna to I am sure that
      plays into its ability to dry. When I have removed the Tee and hung it
      to dry with a decent air flow, such as on my South Padre Island hike,
      it dried fairly quickly. The shirt gets a bit rank after so much
      sweat but freshens up well in the laundry.

      As for the fit, I feel the shirt has grown in size a bit since
      receiving it new. The fabric is a little stretchy, so for a knit type
      product this should probably be expected. It still fits and is very
      comfortable to wear.

      I have laundered this shirt a lot, no less than 4 times per week,
      sometimes more, following the laundry instructions. So far the color
      has held fast. The shirt dries very quickly when hung to dry in my
      home or on my porch when even a light breeze is blowing. I am seeing
      some little fuzzballs on the shirt. There are a few little picks but
      they have not developed into anything. So far the Tee has aged fairly
      well and has stood up to the wear and tear and repeated washings that
      I have put it through.

      SUMMARY

      So far I am pleased with this shirt. It is comfortable to wear, and
      has done a decent job of doing what it is advertised to do. It does a
      really good job of wicking moisture from me, but the downside is it
      becomes a little more clingy than I prefer. It dries quickly when wet
      if hung on a line or tree limb. I am a little concerned about the
      fabric since I am seeing so many little fuzzballs on the shirt. The
      shirt has performed well to keep my back and other covered places from
      sunburn.

      TESTING STRATEGY'S

      My plan is to continue to wear this Tee as much as possible, using it
      for my short dayhikes, when on my bike and for longer hikes.

      This concludes my Field Report. The Long Term Report will be amended
      to this report in approximately two months from the date of this
      report. Please check back then for further information.