Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: TEST CALL: Compressed summits?

  • JimSabis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
      In a message dated 8/1/2007 4:53:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      max.headroom.cacher@... writes:

      I am wondering that if there are enough applicants for the item why the
      call is pending?
      Are the quality of apps not up to par?

      Thanks
      Eager Andrew

      #############

      Andrew,

      It is not just a matter of the number and quality of apps, although those
      are very important considerations. It is also a balancing act between tester
      loads, demographics, experience, quality of past reports, etc., etc.

      Having only a few apps actually makes the choices more difficult on
      occasion. Technically, this call is still open. Stay tuned.....

      Jim S.

      "The really valuable thing in the pageant of human life seems to me
      not the State but the creative, sentient individual, the personality; it
      alone creates the noble and the sublime, while the herd as such
      remains dull in thought and dull in feeling." - Albert Einstein

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, JimSabis@... wrote:

        > Technically, this call is still open. Stay tuned.....

        So do you need more apps?

        Ray
      • JimSabis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
          In a message dated 8/1/2007 5:23:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          rayestrella@... writes:

          > Technically, this call is still open. Stay tuned.....

          So do you need more apps?

          Ray

          ###########3

          I'd really rather see some interest in the Outdoor Reaearch Airex call which
          is also open.

          Anybody?

          Beuller?

          Beuller?

          Jim S.

          You do not realize enough that your attention is your only chance. Without it
          you can do nothing. - Jeanne de Salzmann

        • tagnanidavid
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
            > I'm confused. I'm new, so that's not surprising. But how are we
            supposed to now what test calls are current and open? The list on
            backpackgeartest.org is not correct, and here on yahoo, the call for
            the OR AirX sacks says its been closed for two weeks. Is it really
            still open? I've been looking for something just like this . . . I'd
            love to submit an app if it's still possible.

            Dave

            > ###########3
            >
            > I'd really rather see some interest in the Outdoor Reaearch Airex
            call which
            > is also open.
            >
            > Anybody?
            >
            > Beuller?
            >
            > Beuller?
            >

            > Jim S.
            >
            > You do not realize enough that your attention is your only chance.
            Without it
            > you can do nothing. - Jeanne de Salzmann

          • Jason Boyle
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2007
              David,

              That is a good question. Normally test calls are open for one week
              from the date of the call. However, this test call has turned into a
              special case with not enough applications so it has been extended..
              we normally extend calls for a week or a few days. Since Jim has
              asked for more applications my recommendation would be to apply.

              Jason B

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "tagnanidavid"
              <dtagnani@...> wrote:

              > > I'm confused. I'm new, so that's not surprising. But how are we
              > supposed to now what test calls are current and open? The list on
              > backpackgeartest.org is not correct, and here on yahoo, the call for
              > the OR AirX sacks says its been closed for two weeks. Is it really
              > still open? I've been looking for something just like this . . . I'd
              > love to submit an app if it's still possible.
              >
              > Dave
              > >
              > > ###########3
              > >
              > > I'd really rather see some interest in the Outdoor Reaearch Airex
              > call which
              > > is also open.
              > >
              > > Anybody?
              > >
              > > Beuller?
              > >
              > > Beuller?
              > >

              > > Jim S.
              > >
              > > You do not realize enough that your attention is your only chance.
              > Without it
              > > you can do nothing. - Jeanne de Salzmann

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
                Andrew

                From the posting you quoted, "Test call will close midnite Thursday
                7/13/07, Yahoo time." :-)

                Andrew, sir

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
                  In a message dated 8/4/2007 6:52:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  apriest@... writes:

                  Andrew

                  From the posting you quoted, "Test call will close midnite Thursday
                  7/13/07, Yahoo time." :-)

                  Andrew, sir

                  True, but it was extended. The Closing Notice was posted last Wednesday, IIRC.