OOP - Ed Morse

  • Edwin Morse
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 27, 2007
      OOP - Ed Morse

      I will be OOP from early Monday (July 30, 2007) until Tuesday (August
      7, 2007). I will turn off the computer about 9:00 PM Sunday night.
      I will be driving to Bemidji, MN for meetings and hiking.

      I'm still hoping to get the edits for my IR - Optimus Stella.

      Ed M
    • Edwin Morse
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 10, 2007
        I will be OOP from late today, 8/10/07, through Monday, 8/20/07.
        I had hoped to get the edits of my FR on the Gregory Z 55 before today.
        I will have occassional internet access but no way to do edits until
        I'm back.

        Ed Morse
      • Edwin Morse
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 25, 2007
          OOP - Ed Morse

          I will be leaving in the morning for 15 days walking on Isle Royale.
          I expect to be back late 9/13/07.

          This is the big test for the Gregory Z55. Pack is all loaded including
          10 days of food but no water yet. We expect to pick up the rest of the
          food at the far end of the island. I'm hoping for just 1 or 2 days of
          rain to test the rain gear.

          Ed Morse
        • Edwin Morse
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 24, 2007
            I will be away traveling to visit family.

            Leaving early in the morning 10/25/07)and expect to get back October
            11, 2007. I expect to have email access most nights.

            If something is announced that I can test I will try to apply.

            Ed Morse
          • Edwin Morse
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 1, 2007
              I am going for a walk in the morning. My plan is to return late Monday
              November 5, 2007. My primary objective is to enjoy the fall scenery and
              take some pictures. Testing gear is a side issue, but still important.
              I had hoped to wear the Kamik Viper Boots that arrived yesterday.
              Unfortunately they are too small.

              I will be OOP for 4 days.

              Ed Morse
            • Edwin Morse
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 13, 2007
                Driving from Michigan to Florida for Thanksgiving. I expect to be back
                home December 7, 2007. I will have email access most nights.

                No tests will be affected.

                Ed Morse
              • Edwin Morse
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 26, 2008
                  I will be OOP 3/27/08 thru Monday 3/21/08

                  Ed Morse
                • Edwin Morse
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 30 4:10 PM
                    I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.

                    No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
                    I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
                    the Montbell Mistral Parka.

                    Ed Morse
                  • Leesa J
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 30 4:12 PM
                      Have a great time! Might be a good idea to send the test Moderator your
                      shipping info - just in case.

                      Leesa

                      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@...> wrote:

                      > I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.
                      >
                      > No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
                      > I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
                      > the Montbell Mistral Parka.
                      >
                      > Ed Morse

                    • Ed Morse
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 30 5:07 PM
                        Thanks for the suggestion Leesa,

                        I just did that.

                        Ed M

                        _____

                        On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@charter.
                        <mailto:ed.morse%40charter.net> net> wrote:

                        > I will be backpacking 5/1/08 through 5/5/08 and back home by 5/6/08.
                        >
                        > No reports are due on the 2 items I'm testing.
                        > I am awaiting the results of 2 applications: the Ultrapod Digital and
                        > the Montbell Mistral Parka.
                        >
                        > Ed Morse

                      • Edwin Morse
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 19, 2008
                          I will be OOP for at least a week.

                          Items affected: Teva Wraptor Shield trail runners and Industrial
                          revolution Ultrapod digital reports are due on both July 29, 2008.
                          I have asked for extensions but, probably because Leesa is having
                          computer problems too, I have seen no response.

                          I will be out for fun and testing 4 items: Teva Wraptors, Ultrapod
                          Digital, GSI Soloist cookset and the Primus PrimeLite headlamp.

                          Ed Morse
                        • Edwin Morse
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                            I will be traveling from tomorrow, 11/21/08, through at least Saturday,
                            12/13/08. I will have occassional e-mail access. One report will be
                            affected.

                            Ed Morse
                          • Leesa J
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                              Ed,

                              When you say one report will be affected, do you mean you need an
                              extension? If so, let me know which one, and when you will have it ready.

                              Thanks - and enjoy your travels.

                              Leesa

                              On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Edwin Morse <ed.morse@...> wrote:

                              > I will be traveling from tomorrow, 11/21/08, through at least Saturday,
                              > 12/13/08. I will have occassional e-mail access. One report will be
                              > affected.
                              >
                              > Ed Morse

                            • Edwin Morse
                              Message 14 of 25 , Dec 21, 2008
                                I will be OOP from Monday 12/22/08 through Wednesday 12/31/08, in other
                                words for the rest of the year.
                                All this great snow and I'm going to Phoenix area for Christmas.

                                No reports should be affected. I have 3 reports due on 1/6/09. Two are
                                nearly complete while I will be working on the third when I return.

                                Ed Morse
                              • Edwin Morse
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 30, 2009
                                  I will be OOP from 1/31/09 to about 2/17/09.

                                  I am driving from Michigan to Florida for about a week of backpacking.

                                  With all the crazy weather and drivers in between the only thing I know
                                  for sure is the starting time.

                                  Ed M
                                • Edwin Morse
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Mar 25, 2009
                                    I will be OOP from this afternoon (3/25/09) until at least Tuesday (3/31/09).

                                    Ed M
                                  • Edwin Morse
                                    Message 17 of 25 , May 4, 2009
                                      I will be OOP from May 5 through May 27.
                                      I will be hiking in northern Minnesota for most of that time.

                                      Ed Morse
                                    • Ed
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 16, 2009
                                        I will be out hiking tomorrow (9/17/09) through Tuesday (9/22/09).
                                        The ending date is assuming we can average over 14 miles daily.

                                        Ed Morse
                                      • Ed
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 19, 2009
                                          I will be OOP from Friday November 20 through Tuesday December 15, 2009.

                                          Florida For Thanksgiving. Then a little camping and exploring.

                                          Ed Morse
                                        • Ed
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Mar 22, 2010
                                            I will be leaving early Tuesday (3/23/10) for 3 weeks travel.
                                            I expect to be home Tuesday (4/13/10). But delays can happen driving from Michigan to Arizona and back.

                                            Ed Morse
                                          • Thomas Vickers
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Mar 25, 2010
                                              Actually it is the ULA CDT Pack, formally known as the ULA Conduit.

                                              Three lucky testers will get a chance to test the ULA CDT pack, but they
                                              have to apply first.

                                              PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE:
                                              1. The opening disclaimer for testing
                                              2. A Personal bio
                                              3. A brief test plan, just long enough to demonstrate you understand the
                                              product and where you will be testing it
                                              4. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page)
                                              5. List your current test load, or a link to your test status page
                                              6. List any applications currently under consideration
                                              7. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

                                              Now for the TEST CALL SPECIFICS...

                                              - product information available via the following link:
                                              http://www.ula-equipment.com/conduit.asp

                                              - Newbie Limit DOES apply - U.S. shipping included
                                              - Test Call closes @ 9 pm Central on April 1, 2010
                                              - Please included "ULA CDT" in the subject line of your application
                                              - Thomas Vickers is the Moderator for this test

                                              Happy applicating
                                            • Tim Earley
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Mar 25, 2010
                                                Please accept my application to test the Okeeffe's Healthy Feet and
                                                Life Out There products. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws
                                                v. 0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements.

                                                Tester Information
                                                Name: Tim Earley
                                                Age: 26
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Height: 6' " (180 cm)
                                                Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
                                                Email address: timothy DOT earley AT gmail DOT com
                                                City: Yonkers
                                                State: New York
                                                Country: USA
                                                Date: March 25, 2010

                                                Backpacking Background:

                                                My first exposure to backpacking was about seven years ago in the Army
                                                where I learned everything I needed to learn about being comfortable
                                                in the wilderness with little to no �comfort gear.� I primarily do
                                                day hikes now, with the occasional overnight jaunt thrown in whenever
                                                possible. I consider myself a lightweight packer, though not a
                                                minimalist. My favorite hikes are those that have significant
                                                elevation change as these provide the best views, most challenge and
                                                best reward. I am most comfortable in cool to cold weather as I tend
                                                to overheat in other seasons.

                                                Test plan

                                                If selected for this test I will be sure to put both of these products
                                                to good use. Firstly, I see myself as an ideal candidate for the
                                                Healthy Feet product as I really tear my feet up when I'm on and off
                                                the trail. Cracked peeling skin (gross) is the norm for me and
                                                sometimes can get pretty bad so if this product can heal my feet, it
                                                can probably heal anyone's.

                                                The Life Out there product will also be useful to me as I'm prone to
                                                dry, windburned skin (face and knuckles). I will test to see the
                                                healing capabilities as well as preventative abilities (primarily
                                                against windburn) of this product.

                                                My primary questions are:
                                                -Healthy Feet: does it absorb quickly or do I have to keep my feet
                                                bare for a while? (convenience on the trail)
                                                -Both: How greasy/oily is it really? (that goes for my feet as well as
                                                my hands and face afterwards)
                                                -Both: What's it smell like? After all, it's going to be on my hands
                                                and face too. Does the smell attract insects?
                                                -Both: Overall healing ability and ability to prevent cracking.

                                                The test plan is pretty simple albeit a bit sadistic. Let my feet get
                                                a little beat up and let my face and hands get some windburn. Apply
                                                the products when I return home and see how long and how many
                                                applications it takes to begin to heal. Following this I will apply
                                                the products before and see if they have a preventative effect during
                                                the same type of activity. This should give a good gauge of their
                                                effectiveness.

                                                My test status page can be found here

                                                My reports can be found here

                                                Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to the test!

                                                Tim

                                              • Tim Earley

                                                  Date: March 29, 2010

                                                  Backpacking Background:

                                                  My first exposure to backpacking was about seven years ago in the Army
                                                  where I learned everything I needed to learn about being comfortable
                                                  in the wilderness with little to no comfort gear. I primarily do day
                                                  hikes now, with the occasional overnight jaunt thrown in whenever
                                                  possible. I consider myself a lightweight packer, though not a
                                                  minimalist. My favorite hikes are those that have significant
                                                  elevation change as these provide the best views, most challenge and
                                                  best reward. I am most comfortable in cool to cold weather as I tend
                                                  to overheat in other seasons.

                                                  Test plan

                                                  If selected for this test I will use this pack for primarily one to
                                                  two night backpacking trips in the Hudson Valley and Catskills area.
                                                  I admit I'm not technically an ultralighter though I do tend to travel
                                                  with minimal weight when possible.

                                                  My primary concerns/questions are:
                                                  -Durability: I'm always concerned about this with anything
                                                  ultralight. Just waiting to be proven wrong!
                                                  -Back support: I'm used to at least some rigidity to the back panel.
                                                  I'm curious to see how an inflatable sleeping pad will work. How much
                                                  interior volume will this fill?
                                                  -Will a camelbak cause serious "barreling" of the back panel?
                                                  -Venting: Back panel looks completely flat and I wonder how
                                                  comfortable this will be in mid July and August.
                                                  -Can I open and close hipbelt pockets with one hand
                                                  -How does this function as a daypack?

                                                  I will take this pack out on a day hike to start. I will strip it of
                                                  all components and see if I miss anything. I will use a camelbak
                                                  hydration system to test my barreling concern. I will follow this
                                                  with some day trips with heavier loads using an inflatable sleeping
                                                  pad to see how supportive it is. From here I will take it on various
                                                  overnighters to test out the general user-friendliness and
                                                  durability. I will be sure to gradually increase weight until the
                                                  pack no longer supports effectively and report the comfort range.

                                                  My test status page can be found here

                                                  My reports can be found here

                                                  Apps currently out:
                                                  OKeeffe's Happy Feet and Out There products
                                                  Five Ten Exum Guide Boots

                                                  Additional Roles:
                                                  none

                                                  On Mar 25, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Thomas Vickers wrote:

                                                  > Actually it is the ULA CDT Pack, formally known as the ULA Conduit.
                                                  >
                                                  > Three lucky testers will get a chance to test the ULA CDT pack, but
                                                  > they
                                                  > have to apply first.
                                                  >
                                                  > PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE:
                                                  > 1. The opening disclaimer for testing
                                                  > 2. A Personal bio
                                                  > 3. A brief test plan, just long enough to demonstrate you understand
                                                  > the
                                                  > product and where you will be testing it
                                                  > 4. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page)
                                                  > 5. List your current test load, or a link to your test status page
                                                  > 6. List any applications currently under consideration
                                                  > 7. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
                                                  >
                                                  > Now for the TEST CALL SPECIFICS...
                                                  >
                                                  > - product information available via the following link:
                                                  > http://www.ula-equipment.com/conduit.asp
                                                  >
                                                  > - Newbie Limit DOES apply - U.S. shipping included
                                                  > - Test Call closes @ 9 pm Central on April 1, 2010
                                                  > - Please included "ULA CDT" in the subject line of your application
                                                  > - Thomas Vickers is the Moderator for this test
                                                  >
                                                  > Happy applicating

                                                • Ed
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jul 15, 2010
                                                    I will be OOP from early Friday July 16, 2010 through Sunday July 18, 2010.

                                                    Ed Morse
                                                  • Ed
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Aug 1, 2010
                                                      I will be OOP from early Monday August 2, 2010 through Tuesday August 10, 2010.

                                                      I will be doing a little backpacking, some day hikes and several meetings in Wisconsin.

                                                      Ed Morse