Re: REPOST: FR - NG WeekendExplorer 3D software - Sonjia Leyva

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      EDIT of REPOST: National Geographic Weekend Explorer FR – Sonjia Leyva

      Thanks Sonjia. The additional information is good. I found just a
      few more things for you in the revised report. You're ready for
      upload to the permanent folder when you've corrected them.

      Pam
      ************************

      This matched with the profile and 3D image created by the TOPO!
      program, with the exception of the 25' (7.6 m) "hill" at 0.3 mi (0.5
      km) (see explaination above).

      ### EDIT: *explanation*

      It had been suggested to me to take a look at the location as it is
      considered a good spot to take Oceanography classes to for a field
      trip.

      ### Comment: The "to" after classes isn't really necessary, and I
      think it reads a little more smoothly without it if you want to take
      it out.

      The problem was access to the beach. It's hard to find on the map,
      mostly because Palos Verdes is know for curvy, twisty streets that
      frequently dead-end, and access to the beach is via a short but steep
      slope.

      ### EDIT: *known*

      Back at home, I uploaded my waypoints estabilished with my GPS into
      the TOPO! program, then compared where the program located them with
      the locations I had plotted on the printout.

      ### EDIT: *established*