EDIT Valandre Mirage LTR--Ted

  • Michael Wheiler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2007
      Ted:

      This is the official edit on your Valandre Mirage Long Term Report. Thank you for posting it timely. With the 4th of July week, a family reunion, and my own reports to write it is nice to be able to do this edit early. I noted in your email that you didn't receive a reminder. On June 27, I received a reminder from BridGeT that the reports were due on July 10. Anyway, nice job on the LTR. Just a couple of EDITS, Edits, and COMMENTS below.

      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      COMMENT: "I was using the Double Rainbow Tarptent as a shelter." It wasn't clear to me if you used the Tarptent on both trips or just the Harris Lake trip. The reference came directly after the Harris Lake information and there was no corresponding information for the later trip.

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      EDIT: "Exhaustion and poor nutrition will take their toll, and under such conditions, even a bag that may be generally be overkill can prove only just adequate." It probably needs to read "...even a bag that may generally be overkill can prove..."

      CONTINUED USE

      EDIT: "This is the the final long-term report (of three)." This sentence is a little confusing. There is only one long-term report. Thus it isn't the final or one of three long term reports.

      COMMENT: Just two questions came to mind after I read the report. First, was there any excessive wear, thinning, tearing, stiching come undone, etc. in the bag material? Second, did you attempt to clean the bag and if so, what were the results? You might consider adding responses to these questions in the report. Otherwise, nicely done as per your usual standard. Easy to read and follow and very practical. Thank you for your work on this test series. Upload to the Mirage folder at your convenience.

      Mike