Edit- FR Ultimate Direction Cohiba pack- Tom P.

  • Leesa J
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2005
      Glad you are back at least in part. Some days I hate technology!
      Here are your edits. Not too many, mostly typos. Leesa

      Field Report: Granite Gear Nimbus Latitude Pack
      Thomas Peltier II

      I have been in the outdoors since I was a toddler. My mother
      introduced me to backpacking when I was in the backpack. I in good
      turn joined the Boy Scouts to get away from Mom on the weekend hikes.

      *Geez, you been talking to my boys?

      ***Over the last few
      months I have had the opportunity to use the Cohiba on several day and
      half day outings both in the snow and below, on the muddy trails of
      California. *** Not sure exactly what you mean by 'in the snow and
      below'

      The ***cohiba sits high on my back and seems to just nestle
      right down and hold on wherever I go. *** C instead of c***

      Cohiba stays in place so well is the great suspension system that
      Ultimate****directions endowed it with. The shoulder straps are joined
      together around a dowel at the base of the pack (Initial Report).
      ***space needed

      When I role my shoulders over and engage my torser *** onto
      pole planting or other activities the suspension moves with my*** and
      allows the pack to stay put on my back

      *** I think you mean torso and me instead of my

      . I had great difficulty straping**** the pad onto the
      Cohiba.
      **** You need a 'p'

      The straps on the Cohiba are not designed to run over things
      onte outside of the pack.
      *** on the outside***

      This worked out but with the bag and pad inside the pack space was at
      a primium.

      ***premium

      I was not completely sure about the Cohiba's removeable*
      compartements* but I have found them to be quite handy, when I can
      find them. It's not like they are always lost or permenantly* lost
      just not always right were I remember putting them (For those of you
      who are not organizationally impared* this may not be a problem).
      ***removable, compartments, permanently, impaired

      For example I store all of my kitchen in one compartment and when we
      set up the kitchen I can just remove the compartement* and take it
      into the kitchen.
      ***compartment

      Whether I'm day hiking in Sierra meadows or trekking* deep into the
      high country of the Sierra Nevada I expect this pack will hold up to
      my demands.
      ***trekking

      I expect to have pleanty * of time off for hiking but as yet have
      made no specific plans.
      ***plenty

      This land is your land, this land is my land...
      Woody Guthrie
    • Adrnlnjnky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        I have been in the outdoors since I was a toddler. My mother
        introduced me to backpacking when I was in the backpack. I in good
        turn joined the Boy Scouts to get away from Mom on the weekend hikes.

        *Geez, you been talking to my boys?

        Boys will be boys. The good news is that if you keep on hiking in a
        few years they will probably decide your pretty cool again and want to
        start hiking with you more often.

        Thanks for the edits.
      • Leesa J
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          Tom, Did you add your product info? I can't get to bgt.org until
          morning to check your upload. Thanks Leesa