Silva Outdoor Computer Update - Liz Neely

  • Liz Neely
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      I just called to check on the status of my returned-for-replacement Silva
      Outdoor Computer. The customer service woman said it was recieved on May 24th,
      but because they had a flood in their building last year (?!), and have had
      to completely redesign the department, they weren't able to route it to the
      correct department until yesterday. She said that department should be able to
      look at it soon and send out a replacement by the middle of next week, and it
      should take 7-10 business days after that for it to arrive to me.

      She also was quite surprised when I told her the owners manual said it was
      water resistant down to 30 feet because she said she was told to tell people
      it should not be worn swimming. She's going to check on this again and I'll
      call her back in a week (hopefully I can get the same person) and see what she
      finds out.

      Liz Neely
    • Liz Neely
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2007
        Silva Outdoor Computer Update - Liz Neely

        I received the replacement unit in the mail last night. I didn't have time to
        test all the functions but it appears to be working - better than the dead one
        anyway! I'll call CS tomorrow and try to get a final answer on whether the
        unit is waterproof or not - I'll put that info in my report.

        Liz Neely