EDITED- IR - Snow Peak Giga Power SS Stove - Josh Cormier

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
      These arhttp://www.snowpeak.come Thomas Vickers' official monitor edits of
      Josh Cormier's Snow Peak GigaPower Stainless Steel Stove IR

      EDITS = Must do
      Edits = think about it, but do something
      Comments = think about it

      HTML Looks good
      But I think the date is needed at the top of the report?
      I would probably put it there as well.

      Product Information: (information taken from Snow Peak website)

      - Item Description: Snow Peak Giga Power, Stainless Steel, auto - Stove
      - Listed Stove weight: 3.75 oz (106 g)
      - Measured Stove weight (no case): 3.8 oz (108 g)
      - Measured Stove weight (with case): 4.6 oz (130 g)
      - Listed Dimensions-4 1/8" d x 2 5/8" h (105mm d x 67mm h)
      - Measured Dimensions-3 3/8" h x 1 3/4" w x 1 1/2" d (86mm h x 44mm w x 38mm
      d)
      - Listed Pack Size (Case)-1 3/4" d x 3 1/2" h (44mm d x 89mm h)
      - Measured Size (Case)-3 1/2" h x 1 7/8" w x 1 5/8" d (89mm h x 47mm w x
      41mm d)

      Edit: I think there should be a space between the numbers and measures. You
      do this in this section for oz and g, but not for mm.

      The sparker unit is compact and feels sturdy, I will be watching to see if
      it loosens up over many uses.

      EDIT: My grammar checker insists that you need a colon here. So sturdy; I.

      I went to the manufactures website to look for information on this stove and
      all I could find was the price, weight, dimensions, and material that the
      stove is made of.

      EDIT: manufactures = manufacturer's?

      First Time Cooking:
      My first time using this stove was at a 2 day car camping trip in Hollister
      CA.

      Comment: I always thought that a comma was needed between city and state,
      but I could be wrong here.

      Will the stove be able to hold 1 Quart of water in the pot with stability?

      EDIT: metric for 1 quart is needed
      Edit: quart instead of Quart?

      Report looks good
      Update and upload

      Tvickers
    • swifteagle1_2003
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Changes made and uploaded.

        Thanks for the quick edits.

        As far as the date at the top of the report i'm not sure what you
        mean. I put the date for the initial report at the beginning of teh
        initial report. do i need to also put this at the top and change it
        every report?

        Josh C

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers"

        *

        *

        *

        *

        > Report looks good
        > Update and upload
        >
        > Tvickers

      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
          Changes made and uploaded.

          Thanks for the quick edits.

          As far as the date at the top of the report i'm not sure what you
          mean. I put the date for the initial report at the beginning of teh
          initial report. do i need to also put this at the top and change it
          every report?

          Josh C

          Yes,

          tv
        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
            > As far as the date at the top of the report i'm not sure what you
            > mean. I put the date for the initial report at the beginning of teh
            > initial report. do i need to also put this at the top and change it
            > every report?

            Please refer to message number 31714 for the specific policy.

            Shane
            List Admin
          • swifteagle1_2003
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007