Re: IR - SkirtSports GymGirl - Colleen Porter

  • Emma Eyeball
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      yeah, i'm searching for my ancient, dusty tripod. i know it's in the
      attic somewhere... i really wanted an "action" shot, at least me
      running on the trail behind my house. there will be absolutely no
      photos of me modeling it in my messy messy messy house. :)

      -colleen

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, jetriple@... wrote:

      > I don't understand completely! ;-) I don't think they make cameras
      > without a self timer any more do they? I take 99% of my own
      pictures...
      > via timer or with my long arms!
      >
      > Edits to come shortly...
      >
      > Jet
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        >I understand completely....when he (my 5 year old boy)
        > and I go hiking together, I never can get him to take
        > a good picture of me testing BGT stuff.

        I don't really want to talk about 5 year olds and cameras because I have had
        a bad experience... I do find, however, that a tripod and a camera on a
        self timer work pretty well.

        Shane
      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          Colleen-

          I'll see your messy-messy-messy house and raise you two "messies!" <w>

          RE-pics. I won't carry hubby's expensive digital camera on the trail, and the cheap one he got me only charges through a computer, so it only goes on shorter jaunts. Oh, yeah, the "off" switch has to be moved with the tip of a knife or a pin/pen. Pressing the control button until "off" flashes doesn't do it. I found this out at the same time that I found out that allowing the camera to discharge erases all of the images. Its credit card-size and low weight were attractive, but it turned out to be one of those well-intended e-Bay surprise gifts that has been allowed to sink to the bottom of a gear box...somewhere.

          I have carried disposables, but somehow the pics are not great quality, and somehow are too close to the end of the roll, and/or suffer light damage when the camera is inevitably compressed or dropped. I am also very jealous of any extra weight. I have had a few shots taken by friends willing to carry their digital cameras. One attempt was of me dragging my sorry self up a mountain in a downpour. The AT had turned to a river (probably N. GA) and between the rain coming down so hard and the dark sky, neither I nor the Gatewood Cape was recognizable. Oh, well!

          Cheers!

          Rosaleen

          Re: IR - SkirtSports GymGirl - Colleen Porter
          Posted by: "Emma Eyeball" tarbubble@...<mailto:tarbubble@...> tarbubble

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
            hi Jet,

            thanks for your helpful edits & comments. since there were some
            technical issues, i'd like you to look at my fixed-up IR again. i've
            also added two personal pictures, which are not fantastic but at least
            show the skirt a little bit.

            http://tinyurl.com/3cuq5m

            also, i have one tiny dispute with your edits:

            > Anticipated Field Conditions: Summer is hard upon us here in southern
            > California.
            > [EDIT] I always have doubts on this one? but I'm pretty sure
            "southern"
            > should be capitalized in this case as it is part of a proper noun.

            if i lived in South Carolina or West Virginia or North Dakota then i
            would agree with you. but in this case it's a clarifying term and not
            part of the proper name of my state (as much as the two halves of CA
            would occasionally LIKE to split from each other). although, to give
            you due credit, i have found documentation supporting both approaches.
            foe example, the USC stylebook says it should be capitalized, whereas
            the Government Printing Office states it should not be.

            anyhoo, it's moot. but thank you nonetheless.

            -colleen
          • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
              Thanks for the update, Colleen. Your link is working fine and your report
              seems to be in great shape. Nice addition of the action photos!

              Thanks again!

              Jet
              Skirt (Sports) Monitor