Attn: Bushnell Testers (Maps)

  • Chuck Carnes
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2007
      I noticed that I have received my credits to be able
      to download maps. A word of WARNING: from what I can
      tell, and I have saved 4 maps now, the map, imagery or
      whatever is only covering about .75 square miles (very
      small area). It may be different in your area but I
      just wanted ya'll to know that it was not big area
      for me. You can add as many Maps as you want,and you
      are able to see a red square around the area you
      selected and it doesn't charge you. You only get
      discredited when you 'Purchase' that area.

      Anyway, just a heads up. If you plan on a long hike,
      you will use quite a few of your credits.

      Chuck Carnes
      Bushnell Tester

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • becki_s19
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2007
        Chuck-

        If you've zoomed in all the way (the large circle on the left), the
        maps are more detailed/smaller area. To get approx 3x3 miles, click on
        the large circle farthest to the right. At this level though, it
        pixelates when you zoom farther in than 1.5 mile scale on the GPS.

        Becki
      • Chuck Carnes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2007
          Yep....I figured that out after I sent the e-mail. I
          guess it just depends on the users preference. The
          middle circle is about right. The imagery sucks, very
          pixelated, on the GPS, close or far away.

          Chuck