LTR - OR Logic Jacket - Rick Allnutt

  • Rick Allnutt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 7:13 PM
      LTR - OR Logic Jacket - Rick Allnutt

      Great jacket. It never was exactly what I expected. It turned out to be
      better than what I thought I was going to get!

      The HTML version is here:

      http://snipurl.com/1mnem

      The Text of the LTR portion follows:

      Long Term Report
      May 29, 2007

      FIELD LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      I have been backpacking with the Logic Jacket for a three day trip to
      Red River Gorge and an overnight trip to Zaleski State Forest during the
      last two months. In addition I used it for weekly day hikes during the
      period whenever the dawn temperature was cool enough to warrant use of a
      jacket. All hikes were at low altitude, from 500 - 1000 ft (150 - 300
      m). Temperatures ranged from about 30 - 70 F (-1 - 21 C).

      LONG TERM PERFORMANCE
      The jacket has continued to work as expected for the full four months of
      testing. I have used it under rain wear and it kept my skin warm, even
      though my skin was moist. I have slept in the jacket. I have rolled it
      up and used it for a pillow for a half dozen nights.

      The material has not stained or lost its water repellent finish even
      though I have washed it a half dozen times. I did some off trail bush
      whacking while wearing the coat and ended up with a few threads pulled
      out as loops by wild roses. This is the only surface blemish I can see
      on the coat at the end of the full testing period.

      With the onset of the summer, I am unlikely to need a jacket until next
      fall. I will miss my orange jacket and I will look forward to the
      weather cooling down so I can use it again.

      SUMMARY

      What I Like:

      Useful from very cold to just cool weather.

      Breathes well even during heavy exercise.

      The best jacket I have for wearing under rain wear in cold weather.

      I thank Outdoor Research and BackpackGearTest for allowing me to test
      this jacket. It will continue to be part of my cool and cold weather
      gear in the future.
    • a_henrichs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hey Rick,

        Great report, I couldn't find any edits. Upload when you're ready.
        Also be sure to delete the report in the test folder.

        Thanks,

        Andy