Re: EDIT: Initial Report- Black Diamond OneShot Tent-Ralph Ditton

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2007
      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@...>
      wrote:

      > Patience, gentlemen, patience. And practice. It took me several
      > weeks and much profanity to learn how to use BD's internal poles,
      > including a near disaster in a blizzard.

      Hah, I hear you Richard.

      We bought the Fitzroy after realizing that the tents we already had
      may get destroyed on a trip to a very bad area. We received it the
      night before we left. We set it up once in the office (that was funny
      with poles going out the door) and got to do it for real the next
      night. Night 2 was in a blizzard like yours. Fun fun (not) and much
      cussing (yep).

      Ray
    • richardglyon
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2, 2007
        Ray, Try it sometime in the rain with the BD Skylight, an otherwise
        great tent. Even all my years of practice didn't help when I
        couldn't keep the half-fly hooked to the mesh. I was sure that I'd
        drive a hole or two through the tent body. Richard

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1"