Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Projection question

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 5:28 AM
      At 08:20 AM 1/04/2007, you wrote:
      >Fair enough. Paragraph deleted. May I have an upload folder, guys!

      Thanks Ted for your cooperation.

      Andrew
    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3 8:34 AM
        Thomas Vickers,

        Here is your official edit for you InGenius Socks Long Term Report.
        Just a few things, then you can upload at will. HTML looks good.

        One note, your spacing between sentences varies from one to three
        spaces. One is fine, two was the standard when *I* learned to type,
        but three is too much. Whichever you choose, try to be consistent.

        Fuzzy
        InGenius Monitor

        P.S. - You don't need to post the whole report to the list for
        editing... just the Long Term portion.
        One reason why I don't normally get out in weather like this is
        because my feet get cold, but on this day my feet were warm.
        [EDIT] extra space between `day' and `my'

        After my 100 yard + (90 m+) bushwhacking trip through the best briars
        that Texas had to offer there were no pulls in the InGenius socks.
        [Edit] preference is to use the same format for units, so yards and
        meters -or- yd and m

        My feet tended to get slick and sweaty when temperatures got above 75
        F(24 C), but the InGenius socks wicked most of that away quickly.
        EDIT] need a space between '75 F' and `(24'

        I would have thought that my feet were doing to smother as the
        temperature rose, but this was not the case.
        [EDIT] `going' to smother...

        Washing:
        At 65 F () the socks were dry enough on the inside to wear after
        about two hours.
        [EDIT] Metric, please

        Questions answered:
        2. How "tall" are these socks? How far up my calves to they stretch?
        How tightly do they fit my calves?
        [Comment] not answered...

        4. Is the elastic/spandex too tight? Is it too lose?
        [EDIT] `loose'

        I also liked the fact that the elastic didn't loosen up or break
        despite being taken on and off a great deal.
        [EDIT] extra space between `off' and `a'

        Having worn these socks several times in temperatures of 32 F( ) or
        lower I can enthusiastically say that they
        keep my feet warm.
        [EDIT] Metric, please...

        Best of all, they kept my feet warm when hanging in my hammock.
        [EDIT] extra space between `my' and `hammock'

        In fact, these socks wick moisture away from my feet so well, I can
        recommend wearing them in weather above 75 F ( ) as well.
        [EDIT] Metric, please...

        4. The material was not bone dry, but the socks were comfortable and
        dry enough to wear without complain.
        [EDIT] `complaint'

        5. I sometimes need socks on during this part of the year and I
        control my comfort by adding/removing socks and liners.
        [EDIT] extra space between `need' and `socks'

        Odor just didn't seem to stick to the InGenius socks very well and I
        am usually a master of making socks stink.
        [Comment] I could give you a solid run for your money, here – just
        ask my wife...
      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3 9:05 AM
          Thanks.
          I learned two as well, but I seem to be having problems with this laptop
          keyboard. I will try and do better

          TV
        • Thomas Vickers
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 3 9:15 AM