EDIT: Kahtoola Flight System FR --Kathy Waters

  • Will Rietveld
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi Kathy. Sorry for the delay, I have been out snow camping for a couple of days. Your html version looks good, great photos. I have one comment and a few edits for you to consider below. Go ahead and upload when ready, and be sure to delete your FR in the Test folder. Thanks, Will Rietveld, Test Monitor.

      COMMENT: Kathy, under the new report system, the Bylaws say "Testers should append their Field Test Report in a clearly delineated section." As you have it in your html version, the reader doesn't know where the IR ends and the FR begins. I believe it should say specifically state Field Report, the date, and note that it reflects 2 months of testing.

      While I did not witness any precipitation myself, there was in excess of 4
      ft (1 m) fresh powder in Winter
      EDIT: 4 feet is 1.2 meters

      The teeth on both the FLIGHTboot and the FLIGHTdeck would surely
      destroy my luggage (with the help of the baggage handlers, I thought.
      EDIT: Needs a )

      In the 4+ ft (1 m) of powder, I only sank down about 8"
      (20 cm) which was not bad at all!
      EDIT: 4 feet is 1.2 meters. I also suggest you use only one abbreviation system, so if you use "ft" for feet, use "in" for inches.

      I was able to determine the depth of the
      off-trail powder by plunging my hiking pole into the snow which covered the
      pole right up to the top. (Above right picture)
      EDIT: Confusing, could you re-phrase this?

      With only
      about 5 mi (8 km)left to go to the trailhead, I was starting to get tired
      and was stumbling along.
      EDIT: Needs a space after ( )

    • TheMiddleSister
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        Will,

        Thanks for the edits. I've made the changes, deleted the test file and
        uploaded to the correct folder. "See" you in two months!