Silva Outdoor Computer Update - Liz Neely

  • Liz Neely
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2007
      I just called Silva to find out why I have not heard from them about the
      repair/replacement of my Outdoor Computer. The customer service person
      said they will be sending me a replacement unit and it has been ready to
      ship since Monday and she doesn't know why it hasn't shipped yet or when it
      will ship, but that it will take 4 business days to arrive once it's shipped.
      She recommended I call back in a week if I still don't have it.

      Liz Neely
    • Liz Neely
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        I just called to check on the status of my returned-for-replacement Silva
        Outdoor Computer. The customer service woman said it was recieved on May 24th,
        but because they had a flood in their building last year (?!), and have had
        to completely redesign the department, they weren't able to route it to the
        correct department until yesterday. She said that department should be able to
        look at it soon and send out a replacement by the middle of next week, and it
        should take 7-10 business days after that for it to arrive to me.

        She also was quite surprised when I told her the owners manual said it was
        water resistant down to 30 feet because she said she was told to tell people
        it should not be worn swimming. She's going to check on this again and I'll
        call her back in a week (hopefully I can get the same person) and see what she
        finds out.

        Liz Neely
      • Liz Neely
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2007
          Silva Outdoor Computer Update - Liz Neely

          I received the replacement unit in the mail last night. I didn't have time to
          test all the functions but it appears to be working - better than the dead one
          anyway! I'll call CS tomorrow and try to get a final answer on whether the
          unit is waterproof or not - I'll put that info in my report.

          Liz Neely