Edit:: LTR - Suunto X9i - Chuck Carnes

  • becki_s19
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Edit: LTR - Suunto X9i - Chuck Carnes

      > Trip #3:

      > Report: As seen in the Trip #1 and Trip # 2, the
      > information given above did not come from the Suunto
      > X9i. I used a hand held GPS along with the Suunto X9i
      > to get my information. Unfortunatly,
      edit: Unfortunately

      the X9i never
      > locked on a satallite long enough to receive
      > information. I had the satallite fix interval set at 1
      edit: satellite (2x)

      > intervals hoping to get a fix to recieve information
      edit:receive

      > ones that did work; I was just very disapointed in the
      > GPS.
      edit:disappointed

      > Trip #4:
      > Report: This was a very steep descent into the gorge
      > and back out. I turned the GPS on as soo as I got to
      edit: soon

      > the rim so that t could be establishing a satallite
      edit: so that it , satellite

      > to the Altimeter at one point and noticed that it read
      > -181 ft. (-291 k).
      edit: 181 ft = 55m

      > MyFindings During Field Use:
      edit: space between My Findings

      > no luck. I contacted customer service and found ou
      edit: found out

      > The GPS:
      > I am very
      > dissappointed in the satallite reception for the X9i.
      edit:disappointed, satellite
    • Chuck Carnes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        THanks Becki for the edits. Some of those where the
        letters were left off, my keys on my laptop are
        starting to not want to respond when I push them down
        and I have to go back and look at everything I
        type...sorry about that. I will get these edited and
        uploaded.

        Chuck

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Chuck Carnes
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          Oh! one more thing.....the reading of -181 ft (-291 k)
          WAS the actual reading, it was a negative number.

          Chuck

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        • becki_s19
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
            Chuck-

            I think you entered in the info into the miles/km converter, since
            I'm getting that 181 miles = 291 km (and one deep hole!!). Sorry I
            wasn't too clear on my edit, I was pointing out that 181 feet equals
            55 meters, whether it's going positive or negative.

            Becki S

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Carnes
            <ctcarnes1@...> wrote:

            > Oh! one more thing.....the reading of -181 ft (-291 k)
            > WAS the actual reading, it was a negative number.
            >
            > Chuck
            > > read
            > > > -181 ft. (-291 k).
            > > edit: 181 ft = 55m

          • Chuck Carnes
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
              You're right! My fault, I will fix that and re-upload.
              Sorry for the confusion.

              Chuck

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com