Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Test Call: Stabilicers Lite

  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Amanda,

      Be sure to get some physical therapy after. I was in a cast for a
      broken fib some years ago as a result of an x-c ski accident, and
      this wasn't offered. As a consequence, that leg has remained to this
      day ever so slightly weaker than the other, and in (probable)
      consequence I have had occasional knee problems. No matter how strong
      a leg may look, there's often small, important muscles that could use work.

      Ted.

      At 06:07 AM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

      >--- In
      ><mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com,
      >Rick <rick@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi fellow cripp. I am glad that at least you have a good sense of
      >humor
      > > about this. How long till you are going to be able to be out walking
      >again?
      > >
      > > Rick
      >
      >If all goes well the cast comes off on March 5th. I go in Monday for
      >more x-rays and a new cast-- I hopefully will know then if
      >everything's going according to plan. I think if there's still
      >slickery surfaces then I may be using a cane until my balance is back
      >to normal or better (I'm a klutz on a good day). On the trail I use
      >trekking poles or a hiking stick anyway, so that's not a big issue for
      >me and I think will help when I get back out.
      >
      >-Amanda

    • Exec
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
        Leesa,

        If you can hold this call open another day or two, I'd really like to apply.
        I've been up to my neck in electronic snafus (two servers with identical
        major hiccups, one telephone that has totally died and a vcr that has my
        wife's yoga tape stuck in it). I should be able to knock out an app
        tomorrow afternoon.

        John Waters

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
          I won't get to it until Sunday night. Send the app in asap.

          Leesa